IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Hi,

I have the UltraRendu. 

My setup:

wireless to AirportExpress > ethernet cable > Melco N1/A2 (network audio server) > ethernet cable > EtherRegen > ethernet cable > UR

As a background matter, the above setup had been working fine with the prior UR software installed.

Recently, I started having issues.  Going to sonicorbiter my UR showed up, I clicked on "manage" in order to use the App Switcher, but the next web page would never show up and eventually would time out.  Eventually, sonicorbiter would not even detect my UR.

I then ordered the 2.8 SD card to see if that would solve things.  After inserting the 2.8 SD card, my UR is now detected, which is progress.  However, when I click on "manage", the next web page never shows up and it eventually times out.

The LED light on the UR is green, and the LED light on the LPS 1.2 powering it is also green.

Any ideas?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

18 minutes ago, BlueDL said:

Does typing the UR’s IP address in your browser allow you to access the management page?

Unfortunately, I just tried that and it didn't work.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

17 minutes ago, BlueDL said:

Thinking about it, it probably wouldn’t - given that it seems to be blocking display of the page (after a time out). A silly suggestion I guess!

I know how frustrating it can be, and in the past, I’ve found only a full system shutdown and reboot (power supply feed) has solved it. But it’s only ever been occasional.

Oh, no worries at all and thanks for trying to help.  I am sure Jesus or Barrows will be able to resolve this issue.

20 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

The status LED is a boot sequence indicator only. When this happens again pull the ethernet cable and connect it again and see if you are then able to manage it from sonicorbiter.com. 

I just tried unplugging and re-plugging the ethernet cable.  I'm still not able to manage UR from sonicorbiter.  I also tried powering the UR on and off.

14 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Try this in order:

1. Unplug the USB device. 

2. Power down the unit and wait 20 minutes.

3. Power up the unit without the USB device connected using the LPS-1's charger only.

4. Wait for green status LED and try to manage it.

5. Do nothing else and let me know.   

I did all of the above, however, the LED light has not yet turned to green.  It has been about 30 minutes since I powered the UR on with the LPS charger, but the color of the LED is not changing.

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Hi Blake ,

I might be late to the party.....What are you using to display the Sonicorbiter GUI? Maybe try rebooting it and clearing the cache. Maybe eliminating things in the chain might reveal something.

It’s frustrating when these things happen.

I hope you figure it out soon.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am using a MacBook Pro.  I re-booted the Mac, but still no luck.  The LED on the UR still hasn't turned to green.

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

What color is it...red or orange?

Orange

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

This means the unit is booting up.  

Problem is, it has been orange for almost 24 hours.

I have to go run an errand but I will look when I get back.  

15 hours ago, vortecjr said:

If you look in the router is it listed in the DHCP list?

I am not sure I know how to do this.  I use a MacBook Pro.  

My network setup:

Xfinity Router > ethernet cable > Apple Airport Extreme > wireless > Apple Airport Express > ethernet cable to audio system.

I use my MacBook Pro to access sonicorbiter.  I opened the Airport Utility and see: Internet (connected), my Airport Extreme and my Airport Express, all have green lights indicating they are working and connected.  Clicking on each device in the Airport Utility, I don't see any DHCP list.  Obviously I am missing something here, but I have never had to look up a DHCP list.

@vortecjr:  No need at the moment to respond to my DHCP look up question above since @Mike Rubin pm'ed me with instructions on how to do this.  I will get back to you later on your question.

Thanks for your help.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:04 PM, vortecjr said:

If you look in the router is it listed in the DHCP list?

My UltraRendu is not listed.  And the light is still orange after rebooting.  Also, my UR is no longer being detected by sonicorbiter.

11 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Connect the Rendu directly to the router and power down the Apple AirPort Extreme. What ever you use to connect to the internet should connect wirelessly to the router during this test. 

Ok, that worked.  My UltraRendu was detected, I clicked the "manage" button and everything seems to be working perfectly, including the App Switcher.