IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Apology if this has been covered before - I use my mRendu as a Roon endpoint and also for Spotify Connect. Now I switch between Roon and Spotify from time to time so my question is whether both can be enabled at the same time? Right now it seems that I have to use mRendu's web interface to manually switch it which is quite inconvenient. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

You can't have them on a the same time. 

That's a bummer. Is there any plan to enable this as this is the only problem I have with it. I have a DietPi endpoint that can do both simultaneously so presumably this is something that can be implemented at the software level?

15 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

What is your control device?

Why not run Chrome on your control device, leave the sonicorbiter browser page open and switch that way?

I use an iPad but it's about convenient - that's why we do all this to begin with IMO.

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We like to keep two Apps from accessing the audio hardware at the same time to avoid any conflicts.  

I can respect that.

It is quite often that I listen to an album in my Roon lib and then want to explore more albums of the same genre or musician I'll go to Spotify, and then back and forth. I know Roon supports Tidal and Qobuz, and I did try both but they don't offer the breath of catalog Spotify offers so the latter is still indispensable to me. Once I found something I like I'll eventually purchase it and rip it to my lib.

In that case would it be possible to add an option for those of us who prefer to have more than one apps running simultaneously? Or just Roon and Spotify?  For me audio device conflict is not an issue as I stop one player before starting another. Even if it can happen and I have to use the browser to reset it, it is still way more convenient than having to do the switching every time I need to listen via another player.

Thanks for considering this. Much appreciated.