IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Jesus, can you confirm clearly if there are any sonic improvements with 2.8, or is it only new features and functions? 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

10 hours ago, bobflood said:

He never does that. He always leaves that judgement up to you the user.

I’ll take that as a no, just smoke ‘n mirrors. Maybe some necessary bug fixes.  Nothing most will notice. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

@bobflood I’m not really interested in waiting to hear your opinion about whether or not the new version of sonicorbiter provides a sound quality improvement.  This is a simple question purposely directed to the software designer - who I’m going to assume has a done many hours of testing and comparing  It’s entirely reasonable to expect a simple, clear answer without obfuscation. 

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It doesn’t really matter what you’re interested in. Bob stated the facts for you. These facts have been gleaned over many years of using Sonore products and talking to the company about each update. Sonore doesn’t comment on changes in sound quality. Period. End of story. 

I don't see the link between my comment and your response. It's weird - as if you haven't read or understood my point. Bob's facts have nothing to do with whether or not Sonore should be able to inform its customers (like me) how a replacement  product compares to the previous version in the critical dimension of sound quality. "Sonore doesn't comment on changes in sound quality" Let's just allow that statement to marinate.  It's priceless.  It's rude of you to say that you're not interested in my comments.  But I'm more concerned about whether Sonore is interested in the questions and concerns of its customers.  You or Bob don't need to feel the urge to intervene.

7 hours ago, BahamaBob said:

I just ordered four new cards, one each for my Signature Rendu SE, OpticalRendu, UltraRendu, and MicroRendu. I read in post #720 that a special promotion would be provided to owners of a Signature Rendu SE, however, I did not see any "special promotion" when ordering. Am I missing something?

Sounds good - looking forward to hearing how they sound, unless of course you have a policy of not commenting on sound quality 😉

9 hours ago, Jim Sylva said:

If I have gleaned anything from this site, it's this: sound quality is in the ear/mind of the beholder. Jesus is wise to not go there. 

OK so it's wise that a manufacturer doesn't talk about the primary, relative performance capabilities of its products.  And that's normal? hmmmm

Barrows - the other regular contributor from Sonore on this website - normally has plenty to say about sound quality performance.  Perhaps he can chime in?

Here's the latest in my ongoing series of Strange Behaviors by my Sonore / Sonicorbiter products.  

Since upgrading to 2.8, my mR 1.4 seems to be working fine.  My Roon core is on my Sonic Transporter i5.  

As mentioned....the mR is working fine and playing music nicely.  However the mR is not showing up on the Sonicorbiter home page.  Just the Sonic Transporter. Under "Network Players" I have a big fat 0.

How is that even possible?.....

10 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

They can be on different subnets?

Sorry...excuse my ignorance.  How could that have occurred, but more importantly how would I correct it?

• 4 weeks later...

Scared to touch my microRendu. It's been working fine without a hiccup for  a few weeks.

Let sleeping dogs lie.