IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Guys - the question that was asked about ripping CD's and Blurays is why the pointer to use a PC and my original response are relevant.

Recent context is just as important as overall thread context as most people don't read an entire thread from the start when jumping in after 225+ pages of discussion.  Most (all??) of us who have been following this thread from the start obviously know that this process is only for SACDs.  Newcomers might somewhat reasonably jump to the conclusion that if it can rip SACD (which is really hard by comparison) that it can surely rip CD and Bluray as well since those are at least perceived to be easier (CD actually is, Bluray is easy until you worry about the encryption part of it...) until what this process is all about is explained a bit further.

• 1 year later...

Former Oppo beta tester here...

The 103D has Darbee processing and, yes, the 2 models share the same firmware as it auto detects which hardware is present.  Both the 103 and 103D were sold in the USA.  Different markets had slightly different firmware for regional differences.

There aren't any firmware version restrictions on getting the SACD rip functionality to work, so no worries about being upgraded to the latest firmware.

6 minutes ago, Kit Walker said:

Hi, the thing is, the sacd disk is not recognized by the player, not that it plays but can't be heard. All other disk formats are recognized,  cd, DVD and bluray. It's only sacd disks this happens with.

Hence the suggestion to try ripping a SACD disc again.  If it's broken, trying to rip another one isn't going to "break it more", so it's worth trying.  Quite a few people have used their BDP-103's to rip SACD's without a single reported issue like you describe.  It's possible you just happened to have some sort of SACD hardware failure that happened to correspond to when you ripped your SACD discs.  These players are starting to get on the old side, so hardware failures are going to be more and more likely as time marches on.

1 minute ago, Kit Walker said:

Yes, I disconnected, I have swapped around different format disks and no, I haven't left the USB stick attached. The only thing left to do is to do another rip, but since sacd is not recognized,  I'm not hopefull.

Well, give it a try.  The worst that can happen is it doesn't work...