IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

2 minutes ago, ted_b said:

You're converting to PCM, so enter at your own risk.  Me, I play 3.0 DSD on JRiver all the time.  I have mopst of the Living Stereo and Mercury Living Presence stuff ripped to DSF and all is well.

Sounds great on my setup. The conversion doesn't bother me and DSD limits the settings for BM and other processing some people need in their setups if they use subs or time alignment correction, eq, ect.

1 minute ago, frfrtx said:

Are you playing the files as an iso or individual dsf files or some other format? I tried dsf and PCM and could not get either to play MCH.  I could not get iso to play at all.

If you examine the audio properties of the file does it show that the file is 3.0 or 5.0?  I am looking at the files with dBpoweramp, and they shoow up as 5.0.

Thanks again for all the help.

Get a visual of the file by opening in Audacity and make sure the mapping of the channels are correct.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BluRay444 said:

Thanks for clearing that up Andy, I own a copy of DBpoweramp so I can use that to pull a CD copy for my iPod. Will have to dig into JRMC to find out why it only saw the stereo version and not the multichannel of the iso.

When you drag the ISO into jRiver, both the stereo and multichannel tracks are loaded into the playlist. IIRC, the stereo tracks are on top so either scroll down to the multichannel tracks or remove the stereo tracks from the list.

2 minutes ago, ted_b said:

And my JRMC videos show you how to create an ISO view that highlights one layer (2 ch) or the other (6 ch), so you don't end up playing the wrong one.  It's simple to do.

5aec72183aca4_ISOrule.thumb.jpg.cc0a009a8567b434fc99677b91b2fc07.jpg

Yes. I have mine setup that way. I was just keeping it simple for the new guy:-) Thanks!

• 3 months later...
On 5/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, pl_svn said:

ignore quote

Make sure your 80FD actually plays the SACD layer of discs. Earlier reports in this thread indicated that some people have had issues with the player. Mine works fine and was bought second hand.

Also, if the SACD portion of the disc does indeed play fine, bypass the router and connect the LAN of the player directly to the PC. You should have an icon in your network. Get the IP from the properties, right clicking on the icon. Put that info into ISO2DSD.

Is there any way to output ISO2DSD to a single .dsf file with cue? My Oppo doesn't do gapless and it doesn't seem to like .dff multichannel files which I can output using ISO2DSD.

If ISO2DSD doesn't do .dsf as one long file, can I convert the .dff file to .dsf using some other piece of software?

From my massive searching over the last couple of days, it doesn't look like I can simply output one long .dsf and .cue with the free utilities available.

3 hours ago, himey said:

Is there any way to output ISO2DSD to a single .dsf file with cue? My Oppo doesn't do gapless and it doesn't seem to like .dff multichannel files which I can output using ISO2DSD.

If ISO2DSD doesn't do .dsf as one long file, can I convert the .dff file to .dsf using some other piece of software?

From my massive searching over the last couple of days, it doesn't look like I can simply output one long .dsf and .cue with the free utilities available.

NVM...I figured it out. Sorry to go off topic.