IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Thanks to all who have made this possible. New OPPO 103, powered and only connected to my network via WiFi worked perfectly - after confirming it as instructed on my TV. I am using a homemade Win 10 PC. Process took about 15 minutes for each Archive. Beautifully easy even for this barely, moderately knowledgable computer guy.

What is the view on letting the OPPO continue to allow automatic firmware updates? Mine already did one FW update after it was connected to my network for 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

No that's not correct, please see the video linked to in Post # 4548, the flash drive is inserted into an already on/booted up BDP-103.

Not arguing with an expert.  I am an alchemist in this thread.

i have been ripping since post 5 or 10.  Never read post 4548. ;)

I am still using the process laid out early on.  If it has changed, cool but I am sticking with what works.

i always insert the thumb drive and then turn on my 103.   Wait until the cd drawer opens then hit start on my PC.   It has always worked from the first attempt.  

This is is an awesome capability!!!!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys,  Happy user for many years but have just ran into a first.   I have an OPPO105D, Iso2dsd from 2016 on a Win 10 PC.   

Just purchased an SACD from Japan and starting my normal process.   The gui reads the disc, shows the track list and begins processing track 1.  It will not progress any further.   

I suspect the track names are too long but can’t confirm.  It is well over 100 characters long.   Is there anything I can do to circumvent this issue?  I have never used my MacBook for this but perhaps that might work?

tia

Craig 

Arthur Grumiaux Concertbouw Orchestra of Amsterdam Bern - Tchaikovsky Mendelssohn violin concertos (2)/01 - [repeats with track name added.]