IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

On 2017-04-22 at 6:17 PM, wanthalf said:

Right. MakeMKV can rip the M2TS files. But what can be extracted from those, and played on a PC? Any sort of multichannel FLAC? How to send it to an AVR through HDMI or any other digital channel from a PC, then?

PowerDVD can play the m2ts files.  The easiest thing to do is copy and unencrypt the bluray disk with AnyDVD HD.  They have an updated database -- otherwise you could have a problem with copy protection. If you really need to have the video in another format (e.g. mp4 for ipad, etc.), then you need to use Handbrake -- but this involves decoding and recoding, and is very time consuming and lossy.

mQa is dead!

20 minutes ago, Hikmer said:

The amount of effort and time spent to rip only two SACDs using this method is absurdly high all things considered. 

This is especially true if the specific SACDs contained only 24bit/88.2kHz or 24bit/96kHz PCM files converted to DSD as often is the case.

mQa is dead!

• 2 weeks later...
  • The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/12/2020 at 12:02 PM, Nexus3 said:

Glad you were successful, @bmeinhard!

Here is a new ARMinfo release, able to retrieve information from all MediaTek players which obey to AutoScript.

Special thanks go to @mindset (for supplying the crucial hint) & @MikeyFresh (for testing the Oppo fix).

264579216_SACDAutoRip_overview_v4a.thumb.png.320138f6484169abb7fbd49a99918c4f.png

Apart from the devices listed above, the following players are of particular interest, because of increased likelihood of being compatible with our current SACD-ripping solutions.

• Marantz UD7007
  • Pioneer BDP-LX58 / BDP-85FD
  • Pioneer BDP-LX88 / BDP-88FD
  • Sony BDP-S5200 / BDP-BX520
  • Sony BDP-A6000
  • Sony UHP-H1 (aka Sony's first DVD-Audio player)

As always feedback 📣(with txt files) is welcome, even for incompatible models (=kernel mismatch)!

What about a Sony BDP-S6500 where the firmware has been "upgraded" to be multi-region/zone free?

mQa is dead!

• 5 months later...
On 1/10/2021 at 9:12 PM, fatherotti said:

Hello everyone! I finally made an account here after lurking for years haha. I have a question. I just ripped my first SACD. Using a BDP S5100. Weezer's Blue album. The rip is great. Except for some reason some tracks come out too long. Like the end of one track creeps onto the start of the next track. It's annoying. Gapless helps but not when choosing and picking single tracks. Has anyone experienced this? I noticed the padding less option helps a tad. But it's still there.

Thanks all!

Are you using the iso2dsd software to create the tracks from the iso file?  I never had this problem with iso2dsd, not to say it couldn't happen.

mQa is dead!