IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Shucks ... thwarted again!

I have a PS3 ... with too later firmware.

And now this new method ... uses the next generation Cambridge Audio player!

Oh well ... back to the drawing board.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 5 years later...

Hi guys… long time member but been away. Returning to being a student meant I was on limited means so no chances to upgrade HiFi, etc. and just wandered away.

I’m excited that the Cambridge Audio 751BD has been added to the list as I still have my old player… has anyone managed to get it to work? Or possibly got the Oppo 93/95 working?

I think I got the right sacd_extract_95 script which I’ve put on a USB stick. If I insert it in the player (front connector), the tray opens which (I understand) indicates the script is working correctly? But if I put a disc in, then (as I read the instructions) press the off button the player drops off the network.

Alternatively, I’ve tried just closing the tray, when I do ./sacd_extract -i (ip_address):2002 -P (which i understand should get the disc details) i get an error message (iirc) Can’t read Master ToC.

Any ideas?

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

Thanks Mikey… gives me hope. I just need to play around a bit more with a few more disks.

i don’t care about SACD-R so will check if i need to do firmware update.

Eloise

---

I'm bypassing my Mac and using a Linux command line to rip.

The two guides I used were — https://gist.github.com/YCHX/535b9a29ebe67b186ff4af83f4ed411b — for general details of the process and then — https://github.com/sacd-ripper/sacd-ripper — has the actual sacd-ripper programme you need to run on your computer.

The first link gave me this forum post — https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/page-2#post-69237 — (written by @MikeyFresh from this thread?) which gave me the correct files to download for to put on a USB stick for the player.

Also, in that first guide, ignore the steps 5 & 6, instead of putting a disc in and turning the player off, with my Cambridge Audio (which is essentially the same player as the Oppo 93/95 on the digital side) you put a disc in and close the tray using the 'eject' (open/close) button. The disc reads and (so long as you've turned off Auto Play and Auto Resume) can be accessed via the sacd-ripper programme (there is a GUI but I didn't use it).

I then type the command line

sacd_extract -i <ip address of player>:2002 -P

to view the details of the disc inserted, and

sacd_extract -i <ip address>:2002 -2 -m -s -o <output_folder>

Hope this helps.

Eloise

---