IGNORED

iFi Micro Damage?

I am concenred I may have damaged either my uRendu or iDSD from a small fall they took. But the facts make no sense:

1) Sonore tech sent the Urendu and gave it clean bill of health. I power it with ifi iPower 9V.

2) iDSD shows fully charged and correct white led when connected to PC via USB. Plays music.

3) iDSD shows magenta -DSD512 - when connected to uRendu with same USB (or others). Doesn't play music.

Any thoughts?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Chris,

You are using HQPlayer in both scenarios, right? PC uses ASIO, uRendu uses native DSD via Linux, right? If I understand the leds, however, says that the PC is only doing DXD (and plays music) where the uRendu sees DSD512 (and doesn't play). What is HQPlayer outputtting in both scenarios? Were these the same color leds (white and magenta) before the accident, and were they both playing music?

Chris,

You are using HQPlayer in both scenarios, right? PC uses ASIO, uRendu uses native DSD via Linux, right? If I understand the leds, however, says that the PC is only doing DXD (and plays music) where the uRendu sees DSD512 (and doesn't play). What is HQPlayer outputtting in both scenarios? Were these the same color leds (white and magenta) before the accident, and were they both playing music?

Yes, HQP used in both the PC/ASIO and uR. On the former, it's output is magenta, but HQP says I'm doing DSD64 to 512. On the latter, I think it was either blue or magenta, Im not sure. But HQP did always say it was up sampling to DSD512/22.5M

Before the accident, uR/NAA synced up perfectly, and played all pcm/dsd up sampling to 512.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

In your original post you said the led was white, not also magenta.

oh, I used a diff file format. For PC/ASIO 44 to 96k is green. for DSD64 to 512 is magenta These are the led colors as they should be.

oh, I used a diff file format. For PC/ASIO 44 to 96k is green. for DSD64 to 512 is magenta These are the led colors as they should be.

Hi,

If the LEDs are changing and generally reflective of your file formats then it is less likely to be the micro iDSD, but to err on the side of caution, trouble you to open a Support Ticket here:

AMR & iFi-Audio :: Support Ticket System

As the tech team will look after you.

Alternative, if you have OTG/Lightning, you can use a phone/tablet to rule in/rule out the micro iDSD.

Cheers

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

Hi,

If the LEDs are changing and generally reflective of your file formats then it is less likely to be the micro iDSD, but to err on the side of caution, trouble you to open a Support Ticket here:

AMR & iFi-Audio :: Support Ticket System

As the tech team will look after you.

Alternative, if you have OTG/Lightning, you can use a phone/tablet to rule in/rule out the micro iDSD.

Cheers

Thanks, and really good to know it's not likely the iFi. Sonore has offered to take a look at the iFi and MicroRendu combo for me. So I'll go with this ave. first and will get back with you if this fails.

Thanks, and really good to know it's not likely the iFi. Sonore has offered to take a look at the iFi and MicroRendu combo for me. So I'll go with this ave. first and will get back with you if this fails.

Hi,

We are only doing our best to speculate from afar. But if you have Lightning/OTG to test, you would be able to confirm which way.

But the STS team will look after you!

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF