IGNORED

Lenovo Tiny M700

I would like to free my workstation of audio serving duties, and purchase small computer, dedicated for audio purpose only, the music will be stored on NAS and output will be to USB/Spdif converter.

First on the wishlist was MAC mini, then I tought to build the PC myself, with ITX form factor, now I saw Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 Tiny with Core i5.

I would like to know if there is somebody here that's using this Lenovo for audio, and what is his experience?

I would like to free my workstation of audio serving duties, and purchase small computer, dedicated for audio purpose only, the music will be stored on NAS and output will be to USB/Spdif converter.

First on the wishlist was MAC mini, then I tought to build the PC myself, with ITX form factor, now I saw Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 Tiny with Core i5.

I would like to know if there is somebody here that's using this Lenovo for audio, and what is his experience?

I have the predecessor, the m93 tiny with the i7 and 16MB RAM. As an option, recommend to include a USB 2.0 port a lot of DACS still prefer this interface and it's a peanuts price option.

The m93 is used only for audio, it can encode redbook to DSD256 and the temperature of the core stays at 60C. DSD512... dunno, but worth the shot.

Highly recommend to keep the tiny away from the DAC by at least 10-20m since close to the DAC it can cause ground loop problems with USB outputs. The power supply is a 3 prong switcher with a weird plug, so another reason to keep it distant.

Music is stored on a local USB drive, and output is also S/PDIF (plus a few extras). Very happy with the performance and the sound.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA