IGNORED

What playback software does HQPlayer support?

Keith_W

OK, I know the answer to my own question - Roon and Muso. But what I want to know is whether HQPlayer can be made to work with other software, e.g. Jriver or Kodi. Are there any plans to extend HQPlayer compatibility to other players?

The reason I ask is because neither Roon nor Muso are suitable for me. I find that Jriver works the best, but I want to know if I can get it to work with HQPlayer.

Are there any plans to extend HQPlayer compatibility to other players?

It's the other players that need to extend their compatibility to HQPlayer. I don't believe JRiver has an interest in doing so.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Thank you for your reply. I am showing my ignorance here (I am new to computer audio!) ... but would it be possible for the author of HQPlayer to make it show up as an ASIO device? If that were possible, then any player that supports ASIO output can use HQPlayer?

It's the other players that need to extend their compatibility to HQPlayer. I don't believe JRiver has an interest in doing so.

Even if JRiver do not want to extend their compatibility to HQPLayer , we can still use JRiver to set up a playist and copy the songs within the playist to a new Desktop folder and drag the folder to HQPlayer to play. JRiver incurs no loss actually to support HQPLayer as there are no cheaper software that can handle library & playist so well as JRiver. Great software affordable to many of us!

Actually, the only reason I want playback software is so that I can control it via a dedicated app on my Android device. All my music is organized in folders anyway, so I could just as easily use Windows explorer to drag and drop my folders directly into HQPlayer. Yes I know I can use desktop emulation software on my Android device to drag and drop folders in HQPlayer, but it's not elegant. Unfortunately, it looks as if this is the only solution given that I hate Roon and Muso does not allow me to browse by folder.