I was streaming music from my NAS as well as Spotify through my new Schiit Yggy. Very impressed with the sound until i fried by SB Touch. I am looking to replace but would prefer something that would improve on the digital signal of the Touch but also have Spotify capability. The recommendations i have seen are Tidal capable but not Spotify. Is anyone aware of something that can accomplish this? or should i just buy a SB Touch again. I was trying to see if something out there is measurably better than the Touch without paying a fortune. I guess i could cancel Spotify and just use Tidal but i am a bit annoyed with them since i cancelled the free Tidal trial and they kept charging me despite numerous attempts to communicate with them. They just do not respond.

How about a Sonore microRendu using Squeezelite mode to play Spotify?

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Chromecast Audio via optical to the Yggy.

I'm using it this way for both Spotify and Tidal.

Apart from the $35 for the CCA you'll need to invest in a mini Toslink to Toslink plug or cable and the BubbleUPnP app.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

I was streaming music from my NAS as well as Spotify through my new Schiit Yggy. Very impressed with the sound until i fried by SB Touch. I am looking to replace but would prefer something that would improve on the digital signal of the Touch but also have Spotify capability. The recommendations i have seen are Tidal capable but not Spotify. Is anyone aware of something that can accomplish this? or should i just buy a SB Touch again. I was trying to see if something out there is measurably better than the Touch without paying a fortune. I guess i could cancel Spotify and just use Tidal but i am a bit annoyed with them since i cancelled the free Tidal trial and they kept charging me despite numerous attempts to communicate with them. They just do not respond.

Sweet little unit here that won't break the bank. You can use a number of apps to stream from your NAS and it also has Spotify Connect which lets you use the native Spotify app directly.

image.jpeg

Marantz US | NA6005

David

That should be a Squeezebox emulator (eg Squeezelite) on the Pi, rather than LMS, surely?

Well maybe, or not (who you callin' Shirley?)

The OP does not state where the LMS is located, if indeed he is using LMS local server or MySqueezebox or how he connected the SBT to the Schiit Yggy.

If LMS is on the NAS, then I'm still of the opinion that it would be better on the pi.

Just my opinion.

These days I'm running a self contained rpi3 with LMS, Audiophonics hat dac into a pre-amp and active speakers. I turn off the pi with a simple SSH command from a 'phone and it all starts up when I switch it on again.

atb

Ronnie

Ronnie (certainly did not mean Shirley :) )

Fair enough, I didn't realise you'd opted to post (slightly) out of context and I was only considering the OP's heading. The pedant in me couldn't resist mentioning that it would be music player software, rather than media server software, that would interacting with the Pi's (audio) USB/Hifiberry Digi+.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Yea John, I know!

It was a fair cop and I just thought to add a little wriggle room lol.

(Actually I had realised after I made the post but forgot to edit).

I do think that LMS on a NAS (I have a Qnap121 myself) is just not handy any more (A NAS might be though, if one has more music than one would ever listen to, which seems to be the norm for a lot of folk).

One of my sisters used to flat share just off Green Lanes not far from the old Arsenal ground.

Wild and woolly, indeed!

atb

Ronnie.

• 3 weeks later...