IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Ron Ippolito said:

I've not had too much luck in my upgrade to v5.0:  I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

When I  downloaded and flashed v5.0, I can't get back to normal run mode.   When I insert the microSD card and plug in the power cable, at best, the left green LED comes on, but the right one never does, no matter how long I wait.  I have tried different microSD cards (PNY or SanDisk):  same results.  Just to be sure, I flashed a copy of my v4.91 firmware, thinking that'll work, but I got the same results.

When I replace the flashed microSD card with the one I bought it with, it comes right up.

I've used balenaEtcher or ApplePiBaker to flash the card on a mac.  Then, I tried it on a Windows pc, but got the same result.

I hope I'm doing something obviously dumb, but I can't see it.

Where should I look next?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can give me.

Ron

On W10, if you're using an SD card that needs formatting, using the instructions on the SOtM site, format the card first so that yu have one simple volume.

Then download the image file via Chrome (Opera browser and other browsers can sometimes create problems during the download process) and use image usb to write the image on the card.

If there are any problems with either the image or the card image usb won't verify the procedure and you'll know that something's wrong.

I've created a new card and two backups this way and everything works just fine.

2 hours ago, Ron Ippolito said:

tedwoods,

When I switched to a W10 pc, and started up imageUSB, it couldn't find my SD card (pc has a SD card reader), so I couldn't compete the operation.  Perhaps the SD card slot isn't on USB, but another hardware interface?  Anyway, I switched to balenaEtcher, and it said it wrote the file, and completed the flash operation.

I wish imageUSB had an option to list all drives, but I guess it wouldn't be just a USB utility.

Ron

Yes, image usb works with external usb card readers only...

• 11 months later...
8 hours ago, kopelli said:

Sorry, belated response - LMS also has a Qobuz plugin which sounds really good

Unfortunately, LMS has a limit on the quantity of favorite albums one can add in Tidal and sees only a total of a little over 1000 (I haven't figured out the mechanism of how the total of albums fluctuates but it does fluctuate with almost every new addition), so it's pretty unusable in the case one has more. Is this the case with Quobuz too?

BTW, DLNA/MPD does not have this limitation as all favorite albums are visible through Bubble UPNP.