IGNORED

Audiophonics Raspdigi streamer

I see quite clearly a DC connector on the back, and a nice little 5V supply next to it.

the pictures you refer to, got no SPDIF coax out, just analog audio out.

and optical SPDIF is inside the box,

this means coax SPDIF can be mounted by a hardware geek,

then you can use a "normal" external DAC

I guess the mismatch from pictures and specifications rely on several different options ??

and just less type of pictures ??

but why will you pay 10 times the price for the parts ?

maybe just for the case and nice display ? get the PI and output board on ebay for 1/10 the cost.

I think that is a SPDIF coax and a BNC connector next to it. Not 2 x rca. It doesn't have a dac onboard so I'm not sure how it could output an analogue signal?.

I already have a a pi2 and hifiberry digi+. Just looking for a neater solution and a bnc connection if possible.

I see quite clearly a DC connector on the back, and a nice little 5V supply next to it.

the pictures you refer to, got no SPDIF coax out, just analog audio out.

and optical SPDIF is inside the box,

this means coax SPDIF can be mounted by a hardware geek,

then you can use a "normal" external DAC

I guess the mismatch from pictures and specifications rely on several different options ??

and just less type of pictures ??

but why will you pay 10 times the price for the parts ?

maybe just for the case and nice display ? get the PI and output board on ebay for 1/10 the cost.

EUR249 for a case and the hours to work things out, procure parts is all nothing and the perceived price is too high, come on? DIY is easy of course, if you know how to DIY and 99% of the time looks DIY. Bryston are looking at EUR800+ for their PI incarnation (with a PSU), is that extortion as well?

The answer the OP, the output either BNC or Coax can be run into any DAC that accepts the two connectors and it will work. The hardest part is to get access to the music files without the huge delays.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I'm also interested. Concerning the Raspdigi getting its power... I'm not sure it is trough de digi board. That's the open question.

For those interested, more info on powering through the digi board

There is also a post on the HifiBerry forum about the parts

https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/206543509-Digi-Linear-Power-and-DAC-Suggestions

The Raspdigi digi board seems to be able to have a BNC connecter. Not sure if it is possible with the HifyBerry digi board.

My Computer Audiophile profile

• 1 month later...
EUR249 for a case and the hours to work things out, procure parts is all nothing and the perceived price is too high, come on? DIY is easy of course, if you know how to DIY and 99% of the time looks DIY. Bryston are looking at EUR800+ for their PI incarnation (with a PSU), is that extortion as well?

+1. Do you know whether the Bryston comes with a SPDIF BNC connector?

The answer the OP, the output either BNC or Coax can be run into any DAC that accepts the two connectors and it will work. The hardest part is to get access to the music files without the huge delays.

Why do you expect problems with delays? I have been running a MinimServer + MPD + upmpdcli system on a fitpc3 for about three years and I have never experienced any problems with delays. Provided a good power supply, I would expect the Bryston pi and the Raspdigi to be very interesting, low-power sources.

hard to discuss look vs cost :-)

just put the PI and its I2S soundcard in an old shoebox,

tape it well, so the cat dont sleep in it same time, locate it behind sofa, or audio rack,

so on one ever see it, since you use your phone/pc/pad to controll it anyways.

the sound will be EXACTLY the same.

About delay : the older PI versions do lack cpu power a bit, so menu response is a bit slow, but with the new PI3, my sound player react very fast, and I am super happy.

I tried all types of firmware avail, they all got their goods and bads.

depending on what is the most important for you, you might need to play with them all 3 (rune, volumio, moode) and then desite what to stick to more permanently in the end.