IGNORED

NAS / router / switch on separate circuit?

I unfortunately didn't have the foresight of having dedicated circuits run for my electronics when I built my house but I'm lucky that all the outlets in my listening room are on their own circuit (lights are separate). I have my router, NAS style PC, and switch in the listening room (it's big) and I'm wondering if moving them to a different room onto a different and otherwise unused circuit would make any difference. I would just try it but there would be a fair bit of rearanging invlovled first.

I unfortunately didn't have the foresight of having dedicated circuits run for my electronics when I built my house but I'm lucky that all the outlets in my listening room are on their own circuit (lights are separate). I have my router, NAS style PC, and switch in the listening room (it's big) and I'm wondering if moving them to a different room onto a different and otherwise unused circuit would make any difference. I would just try it but there would be a fair bit of rearanging invlovled first.

A cost-effective solution for you would be a > 1KVA industrial or medical-grade isolation transformer:

Other Products | Tripp Lite

http://www.tripplite.com/shared/literature/Brochure/Healthcare-Medical-Solutions-Brochure-en.pdf

Transformer Isolation

Isolation transformers are completely passive and have no active circuitry, hence no noise. The internal Faraday shield ensures complete isolation between input and output.

Those transformers are often noisy (humming), so make sure you are able to return it. Moving the NAS will also lower the noise floor (fans, harddrives).

For reducing AC introduced noise from those components, using LPSUs is very effective as well.

Those transformers are often noisy (humming), so make sure you are able to return it. Moving the NAS will also lower the noise floor (fans, harddrives).

For reducing AC introduced noise from those components, using LPSUs is very effective as well.

My experience with noisy isolation transformers is down to run-in. I noticed a slight bit of hum during the first week or two of operation of my current one, but it subsequently diminished rapidly after that. It's inaudible now. It's been in my system for slightly over three years.