IGNORED

Song of the Day (or welcome to the ADD Generation).....

• 4 weeks later...

Found this guy on Bandcamp today, and invested a few bucks in the Album. Each track is interesting, except for the very last track, which has the poor guy moaning on it something horrible. Made the cats wake up and start hissing... ugh.

But this track, Giraffe, is something special I think. :)

No idea if this guy is for real or just clowning around. (grin)

[video=youtube_share;zU7P-DQk7yg]

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Weezer - the White Album. What can I say? This channels the Beach Boys, but in a fun 21st century way?

My favorite track is probably King of the World.

No wait, California kids...

No wait, Endless Bummer...

No wait... awwww what the heck...

[video=youtube_share;G5ypo2VE6sU]

Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe just slightly off topic... but

[video=youtube_share;BCJsgpal6l8]

[h=1]Star Wars: The Force Awakens Original Motion Picture Soundtrack From Oscar®-winning Composer John Williams New Double Gatefold Vinyl[/h][h=2]AVAILABLE TODAY[/h][h=2]LPs FEATURE ONE-OF-A-KIND 3D HOLOGRAMS OF THE MILLENNIUM FALCON AND TIE FIGHTER[/h]

BURBANK, Calif., June 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Walt Disney Recordsreleases a new hologram vinyl version of the original motion picture soundtrack for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. With score conducted and composed by five-time Academy Award®-winning composer John Williams and liner notes by the film's director, J.J. Abrams, the double LP features a 16-page booklet on 180 gram vinyl and Direct Metal Mastering (DMM) for an optimal listening experience. This one-of-a-kind vinyl set, hand etched by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, offers a 3D hologram experience featuring the Millennium Falcon on Disc 1/Side B and a TIE Fighter on Disc 2/Side B. For optimal viewing, use a direct light source or simply hold a mobile phone flashlight above the vinyl to view the holograms.

The Star Wars: The Force Awakens 2-LP hologram soundtrack is now available at Disney Music Emporium (http://www.DisneyMusicEmporium.com), the destination for collectible Disney music products, Barnes and Noble (http://smarturl.it/swbrnshv1), Amazon (http://smarturl.it/swamhv1) and wherever vinyl is sold.

Download the Multimedia News Release:

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK FROM OSCAR®-WINNING COMPOSER JOHN WILLIAMS TO BE RELEASED ON NEW DOUBLE GATEFOLD VINYL JUNE 17

View the 3-minute 'making of' video:

Robert A. Heinlein

• 1 month later...

I am of two minds about this, as I don't know all that much about the music itself. Overall, I think the video pushes the song over the top into "pure fun" and I like it. At least it provides a few minutes of fun diversion! :)

[video=youtube_share;SXwYZ_VMekk]

Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 years later...
20 minutes ago, ronfint said:

I love this video. When I lived in New Orleans (1975 - 1987) we ate Popeye's chicken almost every week. On Wednesday afternoon, I'm heading back for Jazzfest.

I LOVE POPEYES. :)

The one damn thing that Wyoming doesn't have is fried chicken. What they call fried chicken here, well, it just *aint*. 

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein