IGNORED

Something/Anything? At HDT

What do you think sound wise? I've got a few issues of this on CD and love this release. Your DR is about a point above what I have.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Of course this gets released on high res digital a couple of months after I rip the double album :(

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

What do you think sound wise? I've got a few issues of this on CD and love this release. Your DR is about a point above what I have.

It sounds good, but nothing earth shattering over the CD.

I bought the whole package of all his early/Bearsville albums in hi-res (the 70's collection) for a ridiculously low price at the German hiresaudio.de site. They have priced an 8 album hi-res package at $29 for the entire package. You can buy there if you use a VPN to give you a German IP. I just checked and the price is still current.

I'd say the same as above for the SQ of the whole hi-res package - good, but nothing incredible. Todd's albums in those days weren't known for great sound quality, partially because he made long albums that were compressed to make listenable LPs. So the CDs, that don't have that issue, sound better than the LPs, IMO. These downloads also sound fine.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Wow thx. I didn't know you could do that w/a VPN. Everything there is about half the price it is here. 24/192 is just $1 more over 24/96.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain