IGNORED

ifi nano iDSD and USB HID

I posted a similar thread asking about USB HID functionality a while ago and didn't get many responses...

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/digital-analogue-converter-pre-support-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-hid-volume-control-27174/

I'm surprised by the lack of interest in this, it seems to make so much sense to do the volume control in the DAC itself if that is an option. Since then I was quited excited by two new DAC/Pres - the Ayre Codex and Mytek Brooklyn, but was surprised to find out that neither (currently) supports USB HID volume control.

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

I posted a similar thread asking about USB HID functionality a while ago and didn't get many responses...

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/digital-analogue-converter-pre-support-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-hid-volume-control-27174/

I'm surprised by the lack of interest in this, it seems to make so much sense to do the volume control in the DAC itself if that is an option. Since then I was quited excited by two new DAC/Pres - the Ayre Codex and Mytek Brooklyn, but was surprised to find out that neither (currently) supports USB HID volume control.

I am also surprised of the low or low knowledge of USB HID. I even have been in a couple of hi-shops and asked same question. They just looked confused...

Today I have a couple of Raspberry Pi with cheap I2s DAC's connected directly to a power amp. The DAC's have support for hardware volume control(DAC chip takes care of volume). I can regulate volume directly from BubbleUpnp, sitting in my chair, without any quality loss.

I would like to have a better DAC without los. So far found none...

/lg

Hi

Is ifi nano supporting USB HID in a Windows environment?

Any other DAC supporting USB HID.

/lg

The iFi Nano iDSD only has an analogue volume control - you can't change the volume via USB.

System (i): Stack Audio Link > Denafrips Iris 12th/Ares 12th-1; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

System (iv) Technics 1210GR > Leak 230 > Tannoy Cheviot