IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Are your rooms wired with coax cable? If so, you can look into using MoCA 2.0 for networking.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, HumanMedia said:
32 minutes ago, HumanMedia said:

OK which do people think sounds the best?

Reason I ask this is I trialled Roon about a year ago. Made sure all processing of the signal was swItched off. Verified this with a Roon support person. In the limited time I had to compare, LMS sounded repeatedly better than Roon. It was enough of an unexplained difference for me not to subscribe. But I had so little time with it to figure out why and the Roon client (and LMS player) have probably been rewritten since then, so the same comparison now may not give the same results.

Anyone else hear differences between renderer clients on the Rendu? Any preferences on the basis of audio quality experienced?

I recently trialed Roon for 60 days and did not subscribe. Roon sounded significantly worse than an ultraRendu using MPD as music player. I tried Roon core on my iMac with both the uR as endpoint and a MacBook Air running Roon Bridge. I even set up a NUC as a ROCK. All combinations sounded worse than using MPD alone. I have no idea why this is but nothing I tried changed the fundamental SQ of Roon. I'm not surprised  that you found LMS to sound better. I found little difference in the SQ between the MBA/Bridge and the uR/Roon Ready, the problem appears to lie with Roon itself. This, of course, is my personal experience, YMMV.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, steveoat said:

I am using a microrendu with a mytek liberty dac using roon as the music player.

I also have a  bluesound node 2.  Since the dac in the node 2 is only of average quality (though it does decode MQA), I would like to feed the bluesound node2 into the coaxial input of my mytek dac, which supports MQA.  Can I do this using the microrendu, or would I have to connect the mytak directly to the computer usb port to do this?

Seems to me that if you are using Roon the Bluesound node 2 is somewhat redundant. Why do you need to use both?