IGNORED

Aries firmware

Sorry about that, here is the one that was not working.

How to Update Apps on an iPad: 4 Steps (with Pictures)

Easy to check version of Aries. If you view the link above on how to check the version of Aries firmware, it has a full example, including a screenshot at the last page.

Regardless, go into the Lightning DS application and into settings, the firmware version is listed at the bottom.

awaa.jpg

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Well it looks like I have vs 2.3. I thought there was a vs 3.0 now? Thank You for your help..

That's version of Lightning DS.

You should spend time reading through the material that Barr kindly took the time to provide to you.

Or click through the screens in Lightning DS. You will clearly see the word Firmware on a page, with the version number directly below it. It doesn't get much easier than this.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

So is 2.3 the latest Lightning DS version? I see it no problem just want to know if it's up to date... That link doesn't seem to work for me. From what I'm reading the Aries automatically updates. right

The question should be asking is how do you determine for yourself whether you have the latest version.

Also the Aries won't update Lightning DS for you. That's the app you run on your iPad. That's updated through Apple and depends on how you've configured your App Store setting.

Spend some time reading.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Sent an email to Christian Rechenbach...In two sentences it was explained how to see which version I have with the Aries. That was my main concern... The firmware for Lightning DS is there on the bottom left with a click on settings. No need to scroll to see the version. I had no idea if that was the Lightning version or Aries version... To see the version for the Aries you need to tap on settings and choose the device and scroll down on the right side and there it is.... Didn't read that anywhere... Wish you people had a little more patience with and old man that has never used an Ipad, much less streamed music. Forums are not just for people who know it all... Thanks for the help and yes I do Google and read topics...

Wish you people had a little more patience with and old man that has never used an Ipad, much less streamed music. Forums are not just for people who know it all... Thanks for the help and yes I do Google and read topics...

It's fair of you to ask that. I'll be more patient going forward.