IGNORED

Aries wireless

Though I would recommend consulting with a dealer or Auralic on the topic, they do recommend an 802.11n router if you are going to stream high resolution files. Also as a general comment it seems most people are using 802.11n or greater routers.

Personally I would recommend using at least an 802.11n router.

http://www.auralic.com/download/aries_quick_start.pdf

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I don't understand...If I upgrade my router I'm still going through my comcast modem. How does a faster router help if the modem only puts out something like 300 mbps?

Just replied to you over on another thread:

First, make sure the service you're paying for can get the speeds a new router can achieve. If you have a more basic plan a higher speed capable router may not matter. Additionally, even if your speed from Comcast is high enough, you may need to get a different modem. I have Comcast also and I bought my own modem (it pays for itself in a year because you "rent" the Comcast modem anyway).

It is impossible to get 1300 Mbps out of your modem. Does the router some how boost it to 1300 Mbps? My service is 75 Mbps. I can get 150 Mbps for 13.00 more per month. Do you think the NetGear AC1750 would do the trick?

You are correct. Sorry for not stating that clearly previously. Outside of fiber optic, I'm not sure any service offers anything close to download speeds of 1300 Mbps. The Netgear is the newest tech but again, you won't be able to utilize all the speed capability because of the limitation of Comcast service. What both routers you've mentioned offer are better handling of the speeds you get by being able to assign frequencies (2.4 and 5G) to certain devices. These routers create both networks to utilize and can be managed through the router software. Assigning the Aries to a 5G network is what Auralic recommends because it's theoretically stronger reaches further in your home, and stays more consistent and isn't subject to as much interference as a 2.4 network might be. I still don't know what speed you pay for now so I don't know if bumping it up will make a difference or not even if you get a new router. But I can say higher speeds usually mean a more stable network especially if you have multiple devices connected in your house or stream anything with regularity.

I don't understand...If I upgrade my router I'm still going through my comcast modem. How does a faster router help if the modem only puts out something like 300 mbps?

It does not necessarily help in terms of your Internet speed outside of your home to external sites. However it can provide better wireless speed and connections inside your home.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Does anyone know of an aftermarket high speed comcast modem/router with the phone jack? If I have to can I use my comcast modem and an aftermaket router to use for my Aries?

What do you want to do exactly ?

Just buy a wifi router, plug it with a ethernet cable to your modem (or a switch if you do not have available port).

The wifi speed is not related to you internet speed.

Do you need wifi with Aries ? Will you use a USB hard-drive or not, or a NAS ?

The simpliest with an Aries:

Buy a USB Hard drive and plug it to the Aries. Connect the Aries to your modem (or switch) in ethernet.

If you already have wifi, this wifi will eb used only for communication between the ipad and the Aries, so the wifi speed doesn't matter, because you will not stream anything.

Or buy a NAS and an Aries and connect both to your modem (or switch) with an ethernet cable. And same remarks for the wifi, speed of it is not relevant in that case.

I plan on streaming Tidal and other internet radio. Speed doesn't matter? I currently have a comcast modem/router. It is 802.11AC. Can I just run an ethernet cable to the Aries? Can I plug in a usb flash drive in the Aries to play my music. Sorry I'm confused as usual... For some reason Auralic recommends these fast routers... and say go wireless...

I plan on streaming Tidal and other internet radio. Speed doesn't matter? I currently have a comcast modem/router. It is 802.11AC. Can I just run an ethernet cable to the Aries? Can I plug in a usb flash drive in the Aries to play my music. Sorry I'm confused as usual... For some reason Auralic recommends these fast routers... and say go wireless...

Your internet speed is enough to stream internet radio and tidal.

And wifi is not mandatory. A good old ethernet cable is so more reliable !

You can plug an USB disk to the Aries or use a NAS.

Please check the Auralic support page, there is a lot of infos here : AURALIC LIMITED

Everything is working great so far. Wireless...Just trying to save certain stations on radio an Tidal. I plugged in a usb flash drive but I don't know how to change the source in Lightning. There are 2 usb ports in the back one says DAC and the other is USB. I assume I use the USB port right?

Everything is working great so far. Wireless...Just trying to save certain stations on radio an Tidal. I plugged in a usb flash drive but I don't know how to change the source in Lightning. There are 2 usb ports in the back one says DAC and the other is USB. I assume I use the USB port right?

Yes, the one marked USB. You can find excellent guidance on the app, software, hardware, and networking here:

AURALIC LIMITED

Well they don't give much info on how to use the USB,also can I charge my Ipad with the Aries?

Plug in your USB drive to the Aries

Go into your DS app, look at the bottom left to the little wheel

touch the wheel

Choose your server (whatever you named the Aries)

Scroll down, choose USB as the path, and let the app start scanning your files

No, don't charge your iPad through the Aries.

Also, searching for specific topics in Auralic support will often bring up articles that will answer your questions. The support site while not super expansive, is much better than many if you dig just a little.