IGNORED

WS2012 AO core mode for JPLAY streamer

Sorry guys but I searched around the forums but I could not seem to find any topic regarding the configuration I am trying to implement the moment.

My current working setup is Jplay dual PC running both PCs on Windows Server 2012 + AO. The Audio PC is on Core mode and the Control PC is on GUI mode running Minimserver. I play music using my Ipad. Beautiful music BTW; very very close to to my full analog setup.

Is it possible to switch the Control PC to core mode also? I tried it and successfully started Minimserver using the command prompt but I am unable to play music using the Ipad. The Ipad gives the error "Audio not available". I did not disable Jplaystreamer during AO setup. Do I need to manually start the Jplay streamer and Jplay Audio services manually? Does this dual-PC core mode running Jplay/Minimserver really work? Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Thanks Marcin. I installed the AsioBridge and replaced the ffmpeg.exe with a copy from Zeranoe FFmpeg - Builds. I got it working in core mode now. The music is simply amazing!

Can you please walk me through what needs to be done to put the Control PC in core mode as well? Right now I am only in minimal server mode.

Thank you,

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Here's are the steps I did to get the Control PC to core mode for streaming

1. Switched to GUI mode and made a copy of avicap32.dll and msvfw32.dll. Take note of the file locations. You need to copy these files manually back to these locations after switching to code mode. I coded a batch file to copy these files back to their original locations (very useful if you switch to GUI/Core often.

Thread here Minimserver Properties screen on Windows Server 2012 R2 Core Edition

2. Installed (copied to Minimserver library) the latest latest ffmpeg decoder (you may skip this step if already done so)

Thread here Improving ffmpeg - JPLAY - JPLAY - hi-end audio player for Windows

3. Installed ASIO bridge (not needed if you have other sound device enabled). See Marcin's comment above

4. Switched to Core mode

5. Copied the 2 files above to orig locations

6. Launched Minimserver using command prompt

Navigate to C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib then issue command:

java -jar minimserver.jar --set watch.log=console

You will be asked for the Music library. Navigate to your music folder then click next/OK.

Thread here Server 2012 R2 Launch

7. Opened MinimWatch from another computer then configured the Control PC's MinimServer settings as follows:

stream.converter: C:\Program Files\MinimServer\ffmpeg.exe

stream.options: convOut=-af "aresample=resampler=soxr:precision=28"

stream.transcode: alac:wav, flac:wav

8. Played Music :-)

9. Coded a batch file to easily launch Minimserver. The same batch file is now opened by Fidelizer at startup. So in effect, Fidelizer opens MinimServer.

10. Enjoy the music and not the equipment.

Thank you very much for this! I am really trying to get to step 10. Can you please explain step 9 a bit more? I've created a batch file to manually start Mininserver from remote desktop every time I turn on the control pc. How do I get Fidelizer to run this batch file?

By the way, I asked Fidelizer a while ago what audio program I should have it point to and he said Jplay. I wonder what difference in sound if any would result if Fidelizer pointed to Minimserver instead. Here is the thread:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/fidelizer-6-0-released-big-update-and-upgrade-program-21529/index6.html#post428264

Thank you again.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

My understanding is the program launched after optimization is just a feature to automate the startup of your music program; e.g. jplaymini, minimserver, etc. In my case, using Fidelizer Pro, I selected C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe during Fidelizer installation. After reboot, I edited the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Windows X\Fidelizer

OptimizeLaunchApp = C:\Program Files\MinimServer\lib\MS.bat