IGNORED

Paul Pang v4 USB...any issues with Server Essentials + AO + Fidelizer

tboooe

Now that Xmas is over I can again focus on blowing crazy amounts of money on this ridiculous hobby/obsession of ours!

My next purchase will be the Paul Pang v4 USB which I hope will give me a nice improvement since I am currently using the mobo USB output. Anyway, I will be using this USB card in my audio pc (2 pc JPlay setup) which is running Server Essentials and Audiophile Optimizer. Does anyone have issues using the Paul Pang USB with Server and AO? I am particularly interested to hear if there are any sort of driver issues? From the Paul Pang website I only see a link to drivers for Win10. Will these driver work for Server Essentials?

Thank you and happy holidays.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Now that Xmas is over I can again focus on blowing crazy amounts of money on this ridiculous hobby/obsession of ours!

My next purchase will be the Paul Pang v4 USB which I hope will give me a nice improvement since I am currently using the mobo USB output. Anyway, I will be using this USB card in my audio pc (2 pc JPlay setup) which is running Server Essentials and Audiophile Optimizer. Does anyone have issues using the Paul Pang USB with Server and AO? I am particularly interested to hear if there are any sort of driver issues? From the Paul Pang website I only see a link to drivers for Win10. Will these driver work for Server Essentials?

Thank you and happy holidays.

I had the same concerns about drivers with mine. Despite Paul saying that the board will automatically be recognized by Server R2 and the drivers will self-install, it was not. He sent me a link to Renesas drivers which I downloaded and they did the trick.

However, I put the card into a second computer with Server as a trial, and it was recognized and the drivers installed right away on their own upon restart.

I don't think AO enters into the picture at all, although there is a Driver Helper feature that can be called up in times of need.

So there should not be a big problem.