IGNORED

Squeezebox Touch USB or Coaxial Digital outputs

I thought I'd ask and get some members opinion. I use a Squeezebox Touch with EOD installed and I just purchased a Unison Research CDDue which offers both USB and Coaxial inputs and in the past I used an Oppo BD105 which only offers USB.

My question is should I stick with USB or try the coaxial. Will I notice any performance differences between the two and if so can I get some recommendations for a coaxial cable to purchase.

Thanks for any help.

I've been happy with cables from Blue Jeans Cable in terms of build quality and price:

Digital Audio Cables at Blue Jeans Cable

+1 for Blue Jean cables.

Family Room: Panny TCP65S2, Panny BDP-55, DTV HR-24, SB Touch, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Yamaha RX-V3900, Emotiva XPA-3, Rocket NM 550's, Rocket 150's, X-CS, UFW-10, Harmony 700.

Computer Room: Dell laptop, Uptone Regen Amber, Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Decware SE84C+, Zu Omen, ALO National, Mr.Speakers Mad Dog headphones

Unless someone has that exact same DAC there is no way to tell, DACs with different input types vary greatly, some will have a very good coax and not great USB and others the other way around. The only way to make that decision is to try it yourself. Rarely you get a DAC where all inputs are the same, but that is very rare.

I forth or fifth the Blue Jeans digital cables.

John S.

Thanks for the help. Looks like I'll place an order for a Blue Jeans Cable.

riffer, I just didn't want to go out and buy an expensive cable if there was no reason... But these BJC that people are recommending are priced fine to try.

My system now uses Cardas Parsec RCA which I'm very happy with but their coaxial is too pricy to just try.

I have a massive Squeezebox death match coming up myself. With a Touch, Transporter with all their various outputs plus two USB reclockers, each with a couple of outputs; two DAC's with a bunch of different inputs. I'm just trying to clear out some excess equipment. To be honest, they all sound pretty good. Even my Slimp3 sounds pretty good through its RCA outs. I've drawn a chart to help me out :)

I have a massive Squeezebox death match coming up myself. With a Touch, Transporter with all their various outputs plus two USB reclockers, each with a couple of outputs; two DAC's with a bunch of different inputs. I'm just trying to clear out some excess equipment. To be honest, they all sound pretty good. Even my Slimp3 sounds pretty good through its RCA outs. I've drawn a chart to help me out :)

Riffer - please share the results of your death match!