Going to be purchasing a new integrated AMP very soon. Within the week. I'm trying to decide between an NAD 390DD and Gato Audio Dia-250. The NAD would be new, the Gato Audio would be a floor model that I'd purchase from the local audio place. They want 2800 for it used.

I'm going to be using this to power my KEF LS50's. I know the Gato is complete overkill for what I need. However, since it's the same price (about 200 more) than the NAD 390DD I figured I'd consider it.

Does anyone have any experience with either one of these?

Going to be purchasing a new integrated AMP very soon. Within the week. I'm trying to decide between an NAD 390DD and Gato Audio Dia-250. The NAD would be new, the Gato Audio would be a floor model that I'd purchase from the local audio place. They want 2800 for it used.

I'm going to be using this to power my KEF LS50's. I know the Gato is complete overkill for what I need. However, since it's the same price (about 200 more) than the NAD 390DD I figured I'd consider it.

Does anyone have any experience with either one of these?

You can do much better on NAD from this dealer. My factory-refurbished DAC and power amp were both purchased from them, and included warranties and overnight shipping. Upon delivery, they were indistinguishable from new, and have worked perfectly for years. Have a look:

All products in

Your really need to audition. And if solid state is your thing, Hegel seems to get kudos in that price range, may want to look at the H160

Following up on this, Hegel and KEF play very well together. Both Hegel's H160 and H80 work beautifully with LS50s. (Disclaimer: I'm an authorized dealer for Hegel and KEF.)

Best,

Jeff

Following up on this, Hegel and KEF play very well together. Both Hegel's H160 and H80 work beautifully with LS50s. (Disclaimer: I'm an authorized dealer for Hegel and KEF.)

Best,

Jeff

What is the pricing on the H160? I'm assuming it has outputs for a sub. I'm using a Totem Storm.

• 2 weeks later...

So I actually ended up buying the Hegel H160 (from Jeff)! It's a very impressive piece and so far I'm absolutely happy with it. It's managed to get even more sound out of these KEF's. Are there any other things I can do driver wise to get the most out of this setup? I want to make sure I'm getting the absolute best this thing has to offer. I know there was a lot of tinkering I had to do with my DACMagic Plus. I use Foobar for a player.

znBFPq5.jpg