IGNORED

Issue with HDtracks Downloader

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

I posted this issue on the JRMC forum six days ago without any input, so I thought I might be able to receive some help here?

I have recently installed a SSD for the (C drive for the operating system (Windows 7), and a HDD (D drive for data and music files. I have installed MC 21 and I am able to download music from iTunes into MC. MC 21 is installed in (D > Programs.

On my first HDtracks download since this computer's new SSD and HDD were installed, I downloaded HDtracks download manager to (D > Downloads. Then I installed the download manager to (D > Programs.

However, that changed my JRiver icon to look like the HDtracks download manager icon, and I was unable to get to OR open my JRiver. This error required me to re-install JRiver :-(

I think with re-installing MC, it installed over the existing MC and it kept all my music files and library intact :-)

Where should I direct HDtracks download manager to download and then where should it be installed so I do not have any further issues with MC?

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Then I posted this update a couple of days later:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]I am having difficulty with getting the HDtracks downloader to work with JRIver. Everytime I install the downloader, it changes the JRiver icon to the HDtracks Downloader icon on the desktop and the start menu, then I CANNOT open JRiver. When this happens, there is NO JRiver icon on my desktop, only a HDtracks Downloader icon, (which used to be the JRiver icon).

In the Windows “Start” menu, (bottom, left corner of the laptop screen), when you go to “All Programs” then click on JRiver Media Center 21 to expand it, normally you would see the JRiver Logo icon, HOWEVER, now the icon is the HDtracks logo icon.

Then when I click on the icon labeled HDtracks Downloader, (which used to be the JRiver icon), MC does not start, I then get this Critical Error,

“The following module has failed to load:

D:\Programs\Media Center 21.exe

It has reported the following error:

Failed to load JRTools

Please install the latest version of the program.

So this is twice now I have had to reinstall JRiver and I am afraid to reinstall HDtracks downloader for fear of losing my JRiver again.

In the first instance I had downloaded the downloader to the D: drive, and the second instance to the C:, and had the same issue both times.

I have reinstalled MC and it is now operational, but I have no way to download from HDtracks.

So, again, thanks in advance for any help.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: smalltext, width: 85%]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: smalltext, colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: smalltext][/TD]

[TD=class: smalltext, align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: smalltext]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: smalltext, colspan: 2][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: smalltext][/TD]

[TD=class: smalltext, align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

"If you don't dig the blues you got a hole in your soul" - Albert King

Are you actually installing the programs in d:\programs folder or installing them in the normal c: folders and copying them?

I downloaded to the D:\Downloads, then installed to D:\Programs from there.

I've been thinking of trying this: Uninstall JRMC, then installing the HDtracks Downloader, then reinstalling JRMC, in that order. Maybe in that order they would be compatible?

Weird. Maybe they are looking for supporting files in the path contained in environment setting %PROGRAMFILES(X86)% which is pointing to your C: drive? Who knows.

Anyway, I have an SSD for my C: OS drive, and I install everything there. I have both JRMC and the HDTracks downloader installed there in the standard program files directory. Have not had any issues.

I notice HDTracks frequently makes you download a new version and maybe that's where the problem is and I haven't seen it yet, but I used it just last Friday so I probably have the same version as you.

Anyway, maybe you should try installing them both to the default C: directory and see if that fixes it? (Shouldn't matter where you download the installation to or where you run it from.)

Weird. Maybe they are looking for supporting files in the path contained in environment setting %PROGRAMFILES(X86)% which is pointing to your C: drive? Who knows.

Anyway, I have an SSD for my C: OS drive, and I install everything there. I have both JRMC and the HDTracks downloader installed there in the standard program files directory. Have not had any issues.

I notice HDTracks frequently makes you download a new version and maybe that's where the problem is and I haven't seen it yet, but I used it just last Friday so I probably have the same version as you.

Anyway, maybe you should try installing them both to the default C: directory and see if that fixes it? (Shouldn't matter where you download the installation to or where you run it from.)

I got it to work by NOT allowing HDtracks new version they always "nag screen" you to download. I closed out of the suggested new version, and pulled up the one I had prior by opening it from the "start" menu. Maybe it has something to do with where the new version downloads itself to that's not where I have placed programs?

I got it to work by NOT allowing HDtracks new version they always "nag screen" you to download. I closed out of the suggested new version, and pulled up the one I had prior by opening it from the "start" menu. Maybe it has something to do with where the new version downloads itself to that's not where I have placed programs?

I have been doing the same for some time with JRMC 19.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

For what it's worth, I have the Downloader in C:\Program Files(x86),

and JRMC in D:\Programs.

Not sure if that is optimal or not?

Don't know why that wouldn't work, but I would try installing them both to the c:\program files (x86) directory.

The only thing I can guess is that the registry entry for some shared component is getting messed up or confused.

Don't know why that wouldn't work, but I would try installing them both to the c:\program files (x86) directory.

The only thing I can guess is that the registry entry for some shared component is getting messed up or confused.

I'll have to try that...

No matter what, it always prompts me to install a new version, even if I have the newest version installed.

So I ignore it. I just open the downloader manually and it finds my new orders and downloads them.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

No matter what, it always prompts me to install a new version, even if I have the newest version installed.

So I ignore it. I just open the downloader manually and it finds my new orders and downloads them.

+1

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron