IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

The JRemote is only remote control for JRiver, the DoP (DSD over PCM) is one with methods

of bitstreaming in Jriver (sending DSD binary data to DAC). Because DAC Brooklyn have limitations

in probe frequency to 384kHz for PCM, so far it was not possible to use DoP v1.0 standard (only v1.1)

and DSD256 format - DAC need support for 768kHz to mark DSD256 format in PCM header.

With a DAC that supports native DSD playback, it is possible to bitstream DSD with: ASIO 2.2,

DoP v1.0 (DSD over PCM) and DoPE (DSD over DLNA)

More info in page: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD

So, did you use ASIO 2.2 to playing DSD256 ?

Thats how I set it up DSD bitstream through Mytek ASIO driver

IMG_1478743282.254185.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Brooklyn does not accept 4xDSD from both Jriver and Audivana. The 2xDSD works fine. Computers are MacMini and MacBook Pro. Does anyone succeeded in getting it to work, and would like to share your experience?

I send 4xDSD from my PC to the Brooklyn without any issue. I think this maybe a limitation from Mac not the Brooklyn, sorry I don't have experience with Mac.

Sent from my X98 Plus II (C2D6) using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Hi , I am new here. I just got my brooklyn (Dec 2016 with latest firmware 2.22 default) and I have 2 problems

1, It should be supported up to DSD256 by USB Connection based on user manual. However, what I can do is only support up to DSD128 (Macbook Pro OS X EL Capitan + Audirvana Plus 2.62 or Jriver 22)---> Coz of Mac OSX?

2. Optical Input works fine from 16/44.1 to 24/176.4kHz, but not able to lock when 24/192kHz. Its shows 24/176.4kHz when I connect to 24/192k (AK240 Optical out) and I can hear intermittent sound which is very weird

Anyone has any idea or similar experience ? Appreciated ^_^

Can you try your Brooklyn with a PC and see if DSD256 works? I play DSD256 with a PC without any issues. I have version 22 though

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Man this sucks. I sure wish I had an MQA DAC right now. I have been waiting for this day for over a year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My ripped CDs on my SSD still sound better!

I don't think you are missing much without MQA, it's nice to have but for sure not a must

Really?

"Nice to have but for sure not a must"? So you directly compared your CD rips on a SSD drive to the MQA master streams on Tidal and you preferred your CD rips? Seriously? Which Tidal MQA albums did you compare them to? Was the blue MQA light illuminated on your Brooklyn DAC? I compared four of my CD rips to the MQA streams on Tidal today and and every Tidal MQA stream sounded significantly better than the ripped CD on my Intel NUC with a Samsung SSD hard drive. My system is is very revealing with a SST Son of Ampzilla II amplifier and Von Schweikert VR-33 Loudspeakers or Mytek Brooklyn feeding Audeze LCD-2 headphones. The MQA stream was way better on every play - with no audible distortions. More air, deeper soundstage, better imaging. The Goldfrapp and Howe Gelb MQA streams in particular sounded like well mastered SACD's. I have a very fast Internet connection (175mbs download average) so maybe that has something to do with the sound quality.... I dunno, what are you missing?

I listened to Buena Vista Social Club and the MQA was lit blue on the Brooklyn. My CD rip had better dynamics and lower noise floor, it maybe something with the ethernet connection, but every system is different of course. I have Naim Supernait 2 with Neat Motive SX2 speakers. For sure sounds better than the normal HiFi tracks and much closer to my music stored on the SSD.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm going to send my VInnie Rossi MINI back to have it output 12VDC and then it can power the Brooklyn and the sMS-200.  :D

http://www.vinnierossi.com/mini/

Just be prepared if SQ suffers. I tried to power both my tX-USB ultra and Brooklyn from one VR mini and it sounded harsh and musicality was lost. Now my VR powers the Brooklyn only and the sound is breathtaking again

19 minutes ago, m5sime said:

Do you mind me asking @mozes and @jtwrace about your power supply experiences for the Brooklyn and the Vinni in particular. I just bought a far cheaper Chinese R-core based linear PSU for mine and wondering about the LPS-1 for the Rendu 

I found that both JS-2 and VR mini are excellent but the VR had a slight edge maybe due to its isolation from the mains. Both are significant improvements from the internal power supply.

1 hour ago, Vinnie Rossi said:

Hi jtwrace,

I believe the sMS-200 (as well as microRendu) has a dc-dc regulator inside (switching regulator).  I am not sure if this is true with the Brooklyn.  But let's say VR MINI + Brooklyn sounds excellent as has already been reported, and then you also connect a sMS-200 to the same VR MINI powering the Brooklyn.  Noise from the sMS-200's dc-dc regulator can feed back to the MINI and then into to your Brooklyn (or vice-versa if the Brooklyn has dc-dc regulators as well).  Then they could contaminate each other.

And even if sMS-200 didn't use any dc-dc regulators, it is still a mini computer inside and the way it draws current from a power supply imparts its fingerprint back onto the supply feeding it.  Computers are noisy as heck, so feeding them with their own clean power supply is a better idea than using one shared power supply for multiple products.]

I hope this helps,

Vinnie

Thanks Vinnie for technically translating what my ears told me with the VR MINI :)