IGNORED

Concert Fidelity CF-080 LSX

I am selling my CF-080 LSX preamp to move up the line to the newer version in their chain. This is an LSX that has only one set of outs (no tape out). It has two minor nicks, but they are only cosmetic. I am am the second owner. $5000 OBO. I have the original box and will include 3-4 pairs of great older 12AU7 tubes and a Mullard made EZ81 rectifier.

StereoTimes -- has the details of the newest version, but the specs are largely the same. Pictures to come.

If you have not heard of the LSX, do yourself a favor and google it. It is an amazing preamp. I have never heard anything close to it in my system. Every review of this preamp has been fantastic. But for the ability to upgrade, I wouldn't be selling this. As has been stated before, the LSX has garnered praise from every publication that has ever reviewed the pramp. Olsher at Absolute Sound and Steve Hoffman of Analogue productions have made this their go to preamp. Here are a few reviews:

concert fidelity 080

"Overall the CF-080 made beautiful music. Especially notable are its speed and fast transient response over the whole frequency range, and its transparency. These are essential to making an emotional connection with the music and are no doubt a result of the specific goals of the short signal path philosophy of the designer. I'd have to rate the execution of that philosophy as a success. I didn't play too many mediocre recordings through this line stage, but no matter what I played the CF-080 seemed to find the best in each recording to allow the listener to connect with the music. It literally removed veils in many recordings and left just the pure sound we audiophiles are always looking for in our systems. Slight adjustments in tonality are possible with different tubes, power cords, or isolation feet but I don't think you can spoil the pure nature of this fine component. No wonder such notable audiophiles as Steve Hoffman and Dick Olsher own this preamp. It is truly a wonder and certainly among the best out there. It's unfortunate that the strong yen has driven the price of the CF-080 so high as it will deter some of you out there from taking the plunge, but if you can, I strongly encourage you to give this one a listen. You won't regret one minute of the experience."

StereoTimes --

"Personally, I feel as if my listening room has been graced by one of the best preamplifiers these ears have heard. It’s a true reference product and I tip my hat to Tsuda san and the team at Concert Fidelity."

This was $20k new, yours now for $5000 or best offer. No trades.. Could package with some of the other stuff I have for sale (Lampizator Big 7, Anthem D2V, AVA Ultimate 70 (EL34 amp), or a Thorens TD-160 Turntable). Basically was going strictly 2 channel, upgrading my DAC, and selling my backup table when this sort of fell in my lap.

Free delivery in and around NYC.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...