IGNORED

Qobuz Desktop app - some questions

So, finally I'm also joining the streaming movement, and signed up to Qobuz Sublime (which on top gives substantial reductions on the prices of many highres albums).

Now I need some help with Qobuz desktop app.

- I'm unable to get the app to output to any other outlet than the computer speaker. If I want to listen to my DAC (connected via USB-SPDIF and fully recognized), I need Amarra sQ, of which I downloaded a trial version. Does anybody have a similar issue? In any case, Damien, hope you'll get the Qobuz integration sorted soon.

- are there any remote apps out there for controlling the desktop app? So far I'm using Splashtop, which works fine, but something more native would be nice.

Any other recommendations on the app you'd like to share?

I love the sound, and really appreciate the Qobuz Playlists, which let me discover many new albums, which was exactly the purpose of the subscription. Now I just hope the company survives the year (given their recent financial troubles) as I paid 1 year in advance.

Musicophile,

I have been using Qobuz for quite some time.

1) I don't think there is any "need" to use Amarra. In the preferences, you should be able to specify your output.

2) You should be able to use the iPhone/Ipad app to run Qobuz.

Any further questions, please contact me through PM or phone.

Diezer

Ciao from Italia,

I've been Qobuz streaming for a long time. Here's something I've learned. The desktop app (usually updated on Mondays) shows new releases, playlists, etc. However, it's not complete. There is so much more available music that requires a search. For example, I follow the jazz blog "Bird Is The Worm" (Bird is the Worm) His new release recommendations are usually found with a search on Qobuz desktop - but rarely pop up without a search.

I'm now listening to the new Karl Ivar Refseth recording(which is delicious) on Qobuz. It was released on May 22, 2015 but does not appear as a recommendation on the desktop. I've discovered great 'under the radar' music that the desktop app misses or ignores. Have fun.

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

Ciao from Italia,

I've been Qobuz streaming for a long time. Here's something I've learned. The desktop app (usually updated on Mondays) shows new releases, playlists, etc. However, it's not complete. There is so much more available music that requires a search. For example, I follow the jazz blog "Bird Is The Worm" (Bird is the Worm) His new release recommendations are usually found with a search on Qobuz desktop - but rarely pop up without a search.

I'm now listening to the new Karl Ivar Refseth recording(which is delicious) on Qobuz. It was released on May 22, 2015 but does not appear as a recommendation on the desktop. I've discovered great 'under the radar' music that the desktop app misses or ignores. Have fun.

Thanks for both the feedback and the link. I'll checkout the blog immediately.

Agree, the content on the desktop app is very limited, and access is indeed often limited to the search function, in which case you have to know what you're looking for.

If you're interested in recommendations, I've recently started my own blog (see signature), with a very similar goal.

I like the VNC Viewer app to control the Qobuz Desktop on my headless Mac Mini. Specifically because it behaves like a Mac in that you move the curser with your finger to what you want to tap .. and then tap which is how the mac touch pad works. This is in contrast to tapping for immediate gratification as we do in IOS which I find does not work as well with the Desktop.

In preferences about half way down there is a pull down which should have your dad listed ..if it is plugged in when you start the qobuz desktop. Have to restart if switch DAC during a Qobuz session.

Excellent hi res deals right now with Qobuz Sublime for some classic jazz !

JAZZ : testez la qualité Hi-Res 24-Bit avec ces 40 albums incontournables à prix réduits ! dans les albums à télécharger en qualité CD (Lossless), HD 24 Bits