IGNORED

Optical Network Configurations

Hello all!

Just a quick question. I tried to use a TP-LINK MC200CM to connect my router to a microrendu and a sonic transporter i5. Both are connected through a NETGEAR ProSAFE GS108. Unfortunately Roon does not see the Sonic transporter and despite the fact that the MR shows up, I am not able to configure it.Everything works fine if I connect the MR and the ST directly to router.

To resume: router>ethernet cable>tplink>fiber>tplink>ethernet cable>netgear switch> 2x ethernet cable (MR and ST)

Any clues?

Thank you,

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

Thanks! Unfortunately I am not at home now. Will try to see this later on. Regards Jo

Sent from my SM-G925I using Computer Audiophile mobile app

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

Perhaps I was not clear. MR and ST is also isolated, no? Tks

Your Netgear switch goes to your MR & ST via copper? If so, no.

But you need always to use copper, no? At least to connect to the DAC. How can I isolate MR and ST otherwise? I am sorry, I am probably a noob... :-)

Ohhhh ok, but the point was that I was trying to avoid paying extra meters of ethernet cables beside getting better SQ. Not sure if I can have my ST closer to the router. But yes I will try. This was I guess the 1st configuration mentioned in audiostream by Michael. But first I need to check if my router is compatible with my tp links. Still working... tks

Hi guys. Thank you for your comments. Finally I discovered the type of router. It's a fios g1100. It's "gigabyte" router, so the problem should be elsewhere. I've ordered a new set of fiber, just in case. If it doesn't work I am not sure what do do more :-(

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

I dropped the switcher. I just want to get my connection with fiber working... :-)

It was a problem with the fiber. New set was received today and it works. Will try the switcher later and see if it works with the sonic transporte connected and the mac with HQP.Let's see the SQ. Thanks for all the advice.

I can't figure out what's the problem with your system. With my first set of fiber I could see the MR but also could not access to the apps from there. With the new set, everything is ok. You should check the lights of your mc200. I remember that the one on the right top was off (rx - going to the router) Now the 4 lights are on. You have a 'giga' router?

• 1 year later...

Not sure, but I changed the 2x iFi PS feeding my FMC's with 1 LPS1 + split cable from ghent with great effect. Cheers.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, wklie said:

There is now an audiophile version of the Cisco SG112-24 Compact switch (with 2 SFP ports) modified with Connor Winfield OCXO.  This dealer also suggests Corning ClearCurve glass fiber.

This is NOT a product from Lumin, but since it was tested with Lumin X1 I'd like to mention it as FYI.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hiendy.com%2Fhififorum%2Fforum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D118289&edit-text=&act=url

Tks for sharing...

• 1 year later...

oP received yesterday! Tks Jesus and Andrew.

Using a Jameco PS (10$) and the sound is fantastic! I was not expecting such an improvement. It was used before my Cisco and also after connected directly to my uR. Not sure what In which position I prefer it.  Did not experience any problems whatsoever with HQPlayer. The uR connects to an OPPO 205. I haven’t done any software upgrade for at least 3 weeks, I guess.

Regards,

Jorge

Ohhh so sorry. It’s oM (optical module)

1 hour ago, soares said:

oP received yesterday! Tks Jesus and Andrew.

Using a Jameco PS (10$) and the sound is fantastic! I was not expecting such an improvement. It was used before my Cisco and also after connected directly to my uR. Not sure what In which position I prefer it.  Did not experience any problems whatsoever with HQPlayer. The uR connects to an OPPO 205. I haven’t done any software upgrade for at least 3 weeks, I guess.

Regards,

Jorge

My apologies. I was referring to oM (optical Module) and not oP.

Tks Charles!

Best,

Jorge

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, wklie said:

This is probably not a popular view here, but elsewhere many audiophiles are adamant that physical CD sounds better than streaming or CD rips.  I've even read a dealer saying physical CD sounds better than Qobuz Hi-Res.  I would like to change this perception, and in case users experience the same problem I hope to be able to suggest ways to improve the SQ from their streaming setup.

So I'm hopeful that network isolation will help and that's part of the reasons we have SFP port in Lumin X1.  I've also read anecdotal reports that people got better streaming SQ after changing the power supplies for modem and network equipment to audiophile LPS.  (Yes I read the leakage current discussions here.)

If you tried and didn’t experience any differences it might be explained by the fact that the system you got it’s really very good or, on contrary, it doesn’t deliver a good SQ. Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 3:33 PM, Albrecht said:

I can say that in my system, after listening, - that the opticalModule on the ultraRendu side is a significant improvement over two TP-Link MC200cms. I have been using linear power supplies with each FMC. I am glad that I bought one SOnore OpticalModule. I am still not completely certain when/if I am going to get an opticalRendu, - but I will likely replace the TP-Link FMC "sender" if I replace the ultraRendu with the optical module.

I absolutely agree in what concerns the oM!