IGNORED

Vortexbox not playing with my USB->SPDIF - Gustard U12?

Just posted this on HF board but figure may be somebody on here can help as well.

My setup is

Vortexbox->Gustard U12->W4S DAC2 and Marantz SA8005. It looks like the U12 receives the signal from my VB as it displays 44.1k, both of my DACs also display 44.1k but the DACs are not outputting anything to my McIntosh MA6600 amp (no sound)?

The Vortexbox is running Linux Fedora 14 (Laughlin). I believe the U12 is supposed to work with Linux without any driver.

When I used the U12 with my netbook running Windows 7 with the supplied driver, using JRiver player, everything works fine.

A bit frustrated and wonder if somebody can shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Akai

Just posted this on HF board but figure may be somebody on here can help as well.

My setup is

Vortexbox->Gustard U12->W4S DAC2 and Marantz SA8005. It looks like the U12 receives the signal from my VB as it displays 44.1k, both of my DACs also display 44.1k but the DACs are not outputting anything to my McIntosh MA6600 amp (no sound)?

The Vortexbox is running Linux Fedora 14 (Laughlin). I believe the U12 is supposed to work with Linux without any driver.

When I used the U12 with my netbook running Windows 7 with the supplied driver, using JRiver player, everything works fine.

A bit frustrated and wonder if somebody can shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Akai

Have You configured your player in Vortexbox? Audio output device should be like

hw:0,0

Have You configured your player in Vortexbox? Audio output device should be like

hw:0,0

Thx KTM, I did have the audio device set, somebody on the VB board suggested that I add the U12 with hw:x20,0 which I did this morning, still no luck.

Can you post the output of:

aplay -L

This will list the audio devices vortexbox recognizes.

IME it is usually easiest to just disable the onboard sound in Bios if you won't be using it.

Not sure if this is what you meant, please see below. I added Gustard to the device list as well but I really shouldn't have to?

VB and Gustard U12.PNG

Either it's muted, or it's not. It doesn't help to "think" it's not muted and waste your time to trying to find the reason on why you're not getting any sound, when a potential remedy is right in front of you.

They are not muted.

Thanks.