IGNORED

Tidal and WiMP through your software player of choice

I get the error 'Dependencies not met, contact developer' when trying to install this plugin into Kodi, log attached.

kodi2.log.zip

Apologies. This was an error I introduced while making enhancements for HQPlayer users.

Thanks for the log file. I've corrected the error and the version linked below should now work for you.

Make sure you still have the Applescript from the previous distribution installed in your applications folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86110007/software/plugin.audio.tidalplus.zip

Geoff

I can't see any errors in that last log generated by my code Toby.

I just noticed you said you were getting dependency errors earlier. This can happen if you don't follow the correct procedure to install the add-on.

If you already have a version installed and you want to replace it with a new version.

1/ Right click on the addon name and choose Addon information, then uninstall.

2/ Go to System settings add-ons, choose install from .zip file and navigate to the zipped version of the addon you want to install and click on "install".

It might be a good idea to quit and re-start Kodi between those 2 steps.

If you follow this procedure any dependencies required by the addon should be automatically installed along with the addon.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Geoff

Owner of: Sound Galleries, High-End Audio Dealer, Monaco

Hi,

I just tried this on a completely separate installation on my work macbookpro and the same thing.. it shows a blank window whenever I click on an album. It does the 'working' and looks like it's loading but nothing appears in the track listing window.

Am I doing this right?

1. Open Kodi

2. Select Music/ Add-Ons/ TIDAL Audiophile/ My Music/ Favourite Albums

3. Select Album, Select Song, Play

Should the song open in Audirvana+?

Do I need to open Audrvana+?

Do I use Kodi or Audirvana+ to browse my music and play songs?

Am I maybe missing some important plugin? I don' use Kodi for anything else.

Thanks for your help,

Toby

No, it doesn't launch. The music plays in Kodi.

…and you definitely have the unzipped version of this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86110007/software/Tidal-Audirvana.zip

…in your Applications folder?

If so, I would wait for a few days. I'm making important changes to "Tidal Audiophile" and a new version should be ready in a few days.

It would be pointless giving you detailed guidelines as to how to get the current version working because the new one will work quite differently.

You should be able to get a complete album or playlist to play with the current version by simply navigating to that album or playlist, even if playback of individual tracks doesn't work.

Other than that, just make sure you have definitely selected Audirvana Plus as the app for playback in "Tidal Audiophile's" add-on settings and that the Audiophile option is on.

It does take some time before the first track loads and starts to play, especially from a long album or playlist with the current version.

I have the Applescript in the applications folder.

I also just downloaded a trial of A+, which opens, but then nothing happens..

I really appreciate your help here.

I also just discovered Roon, which has blown me away, so I will use that until they provide an A+ module that I can test.

Many thanks for your help and time.

Toby

• 1 month later...

Finally I have a new version of Tidal Audiophile ready which correctly makes use of the hqp-control interface provided by Miska.

Please read the supplied manual before installing and trying it.

The Tidal Audiophile Kodi add-on will be an option on the forthcoming Sound Galleries music server and on going support will be provided to Music Server customers.

I'm afraid I no longer have time to fully support the free version offered here, which is why I've written a comprehensive manual. I will, of course try to offer support whenever I can, time permitting.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86110007/software/Tidal%20Audiophile.zip

geoff

Dear Geoff...

First of all, your efforts are very much appreciated. I now use Cubox - Mac Mini setup, and I am really happy with the iTunes integration. You actually make HQPlayer useable.

Today I tried the Tidal Audiophile, with no luck. I can logon to Tidal within your add-on, however, most playlists come empty and on rare occasion I see some files, I cannot play them.

May be just a final push?

PS. I tried downloading old version of your scripts, but they are not to be found.

Cheers

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8

I filter out any non-flac files, so it could be that the playlists you tried are non flac.

I've also known Tidal to change from flac to non flac streams for particular albums.

Try streaming something in Tidal's own app and make sure HIFi is lit up there. If so try streaming the same through Tidal Audiophile.

Also make sure all your settings in Tidal Audiophile are correct as per the manual.

Keep trying and you should get it to work.

Geoff

Thank you for the response... I tried and tried with no luck.

I can only find 2 tracks in my favourites that "sometimes" play. If you have time, here is the log file of me

Lounching the Kodi application

Going straight to Tidal Audiophile

Selecting the Album from my favourite albums

and trying to play the 2 tracks that are visible.

XBMC Debug Log Site

Thank you for the effort anyways

Kunter

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8

This is the source of your problem:

(2, 'No such file or directory', u'/Users/kunterkutluay/.kodi/temp/QobuzNow.m3u8')

Tidal Audiophile relies on this file being present in this location.

Normally it is created automatically, so it could be an issue of write permissions in that folder or a parent folder.

Try creating the file manually and see if it works after that.

Geoff

Creating the file manually solved the issue, thanks...

Still, the SSL related errors remain and I am pretty much at the same place...

10:46:58 T:4374638592 ERROR: /Users/kunterkutluay/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.

Not being familiar with python, I tried to install ssl (no error massages), and then, following up the suggestions on the above link I tried "pip install certifi" getting pip:command not found.

Something wrong with my setup probably.

Hey Geoff, your latest version works great; in fact it's way better with the HQP controls than before!

However, while it works wonderfully with HQP 3.8x, it does not work with the latest 3.9 version. This is on my MacBook Pro.

Same problem with your iTunes and HQPlayer script.. Works fine with 3.8x, but not 3.9.

Again, thanks for all your work with integrating Tidal and iTunes with HQP!

Metrum Onyx DAC, Matrix X-SPDIF2 DDC, Snake River Boomslang Digital cable, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable;

Backert Rhumba 1.2 Preamp; Coincident M300B Frankenstein mkII SET monoblocks

Omega Super Alnico HO Monitors (Cherry finish) / Martin Logan Depth i Subwoofer

Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD), HQPlayer, Tidal, Roon;

Cabling by Cerious Tech (Graphene SC, Blue PCs), Verastarr (IC and PC) and Teo Audio (GC IC)

Hey Geoff, your latest version works great; in fact it's way better with the HQP controls than before!

However, while it works wonderfully with HQP 3.8x, it does not work with the latest 3.9 version. This is on my MacBook Pro.

Same problem with your iTunes and HQPlayer script.. Works fine with 3.8x, but not 3.9.

Again, thanks for all your work with integrating Tidal and iTunes with HQP!

I've no idea what Miska might have changed in 3.9 to have broken it. If hqp-control hasn't changed I would expect it to work as it relies on hqp-control.

geoff

The Python running within the Kodi environment is completely separate from the one you may have installed on your os.

Is Tidal playing for you now through HQP?

Nope. Unfortunately not.

And the iTunes integration is broken now as well... (I guess after loading 3.9 which sounds better to my ears)

The error message is :

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/5/QtNetwork

Referenced from: /Applications/HQPlayerDesktop.app/Contents/MacOS/hqp-control

Reason: image not found (1005)

Cheers

Take a look at the HQPlayer thread. The version of hqp-control provided with 3.9 doesn't work with any of my scripts. Replacing hqp-control in 3.9 with the version provided with 3.8 fixes the problem. So you can use 3.9 with my scripts as long as you do this.

Right click on the HQPlayerDesktop application and choose "Show package contents" within "Contents" MacOS you will see the actual applications. Do this with the 3.8 version and copy and paste hqp-control from there into the 3.9 version to replace it.

This is a solution on Mac. I haven't tested Windows version of 3.9 yet.

Take a look at the HQPlayer thread. The version of hqp-control provided with 3.9 doesn't work with any of my scripts. Replacing hqp-control in 3.9 with the version provided with 3.8 fixes the problem. So you can use 3.9 with my scripts as long as you do this.

Right click on the HQPlayerDesktop application and choose "Show package contents" within "Contents" MacOS you will see the actual applications. Do this with the 3.8 version and copy and paste hqp-control from there into the 3.9 version to replace it.

This is a solution on Mac. I haven't tested Windows version of 3.9 yet.

This solved the iTunes script problem in Mac.

Thanks

This worked for me as well.... Thx!

Metrum Onyx DAC, Matrix X-SPDIF2 DDC, Snake River Boomslang Digital cable, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable;

Backert Rhumba 1.2 Preamp; Coincident M300B Frankenstein mkII SET monoblocks

Omega Super Alnico HO Monitors (Cherry finish) / Martin Logan Depth i Subwoofer

Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD), HQPlayer, Tidal, Roon;

Cabling by Cerious Tech (Graphene SC, Blue PCs), Verastarr (IC and PC) and Teo Audio (GC IC)

Creating the file manually solved the issue, thanks...

Still, the SSL related errors remain and I am pretty much at the same place...

10:46:58 T:4374638592 ERROR: /Users/kunterkutluay/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:90: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.

Not being familiar with python, I tried to install ssl (no error massages), and then, following up the suggestions on the above link I tried "pip install certifi" getting pip:command not found.

Something wrong with my setup probably.

I am getting the same error. When I click on an album no songs from the album appear. The odd time a few songs will show up and they play just fine through HQPlayer. KunterK have you had any luck finding the source of the error?

Time Capsule, Various Music formats-->MacBook Pro Retina-->Audirvana 2.0, Tidal and Kodi for play through HQPlayer, USB-->iFi Micro IDSD-->RedWine Audio Isabellina Pro DAC/Balanced HPA using only Amp or TBI Millenia with resistor network-->Audeze LCD-2 Headphones