IGNORED

Sennheiser HD650 Headphones, near-NEW

These Sennheiser HD650s are great, classic headphones, barely used, in near-new condition.

In original box, with original 10-foot cable, that has 1/4-inch termination for larger systems and the supplied 1/8-inch adapter for portable or smaller systems.

Why am I selling? Basically, since I want headphones that cost several times what these do. And these HD650s have barely been used. Actually, if I hadn't listed them as "near new," they could -- both in sound quality and cosmetics -- be seen as just plain new.

Price = $225, plus shipping

Dave, who is also selling a virtually unused 15-foot Moon Audio high-quality cable for these headphones at this ad: Dave's cable ad

P.S. Buy both the Blue Dragon 15-footers and these Sennheiser headphones and discounted further!

Borrowed photo:

sennheiser_hd650_small.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

I'm not in the US so not a potential buyer, just curious what phones you'll be getting as I just bought a pair of HD800 last week (and just love them)

I love Sennheiser headphones, too, and I am debating between the HD800s you got and the Audeze LCD-X headphones.

When I'm ready, I need to figure a good way to audition both at home, using my own headphone amps (Woo Audio & Burson, tube and solid state respectively for variety's sake).

What do you love about your new HD800s?

Dave, who kept his Sennheiser HD600s and put up these HD650s for sale because the HD600s have gotten more use which makes the HD650s a better deal for any buyer

Music is love, made audible.

At my local headphone dealer, I compared Audeze LCD2, Grado SR1000, Oppo PM1 and the HD800 I ended up buying.

Soundwise, the HD800 was the least of a "wow" effect, it is very neutral (in a positive sense) and extremely transparent and resolving. In another thread I named it a "window" into the music. All other 3 were much more impressive at first listen. However I ruled out the Grado due to the weird feeling of the "styrofoam" ear cups which I hated, and the Audeze was simply too heavy! I don't we myself wearing it for a long time, while the HD800 weighs about half and is extremely comfortable.

By the way, I really like the 650s, they are good value even at regular retail. I upgraded from a HD595, and wanted to get the real McCoy this time, but for 1/6 the price of the 800s your offer would have been tempting even for me.

Now I just need to find a headphone amp...

I auditioned several 'phones at my local store as well, and (obviously from my signature) ended up with Audeze LCD-3's, which were WAY more comfortable than the 2's, even though they're very similar in size and weight. The difference was due to the padding and outer material (lambskin on the 3's, I believe). I can wear mine for hours without discomfort. Needless to say, I also fell in love with the sound of the 3's, though this wasn't immediate upon initial audition. My first thought was that they were too rolled off at the top end compared with the others (and what I was used to); it took a bit of further listening before I got more accustomed to their special qualities. (And they they don't sound rolled-off to me at all now!)

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3