IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Deleted post. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

48 minutes ago, bpw said:

As good as the N10 is, the improvements provided by the W20 are readily heard. Fuller, richer, more dynamic, better bass, bigger soundstage, etc.

Hey Brian,

I notice Music Direct carries Shunyata. I'm using a Lessloss dfpc with my A10 but have read many positive reviews on the alpha digital pic. Any opinions on it with the A10?

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

New SW update guys. :)

4 minutes ago, russellbobby said:

Just did the update. App looks the same. Is the Internet radio hidden?

Thanks,

Russ

Russ,

Internet radio is the 3rd icon. MQA is also detailed on the now playing window. 

IMG_0231.PNG

5 hours ago, Custodian said:

Frustrating in the UK. 

When I asked Aurender about their plans for radio in the U.K., they would not provide any information. As an s10 and w20 owner, it's really annoying seeing radio available in other major markets.

if they are really not interested in the U.K. Market, maybe we should just switch to local products such as DCS

Custodian,

You can activate radio streaming by changing your date/time on your iPad setting to a region that's supported (Paris, Amsterdam..)

3 hours ago, agladstone said:

Upgrading to all Shunyata power cables in my system recently was a huge upgrade in sound quality in my opinion. I spoke with Shunyata directly while making decisions on which cables to buy and they suggested the Alpha Digital for the Aurender N100H. 

However, they told me NOT to use one on my Dac, since it was more so an analog product than a digital one, thus I'm not sure if the Alpha Digital is the right PC for the A10 (since it's both a digital player / streamer AND a Dac in one box?

Call Music Direct or Shunyata, they will help you!! 

PS, I did purchase all my Shunyata cables at Music Direct, give them a call, they usually can offer you a discount via telephone vs purchasing directly online!

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

4 hours ago, agladstone said:

Any thoughts on newest upgrade?? 

I REALLY wish I never did the last upgrade (too late now), and internet radio is literally of zero interest to me (I think I'm missing the point of adding internet radio, seeing how it's all "Lo-Fi", it does not seem to make munch sense to me on a product such as the Aurender players). 

So the question to everyone is, any other changes or bug fixes in this release that make it worth my while? 

It's a pretty minor update but I love the new features. MQA details on the Aurender and Tidal apps are great.

Streaming FM is not HiFi but I learned I can live with it as it's mostly for background music that I use it for. Another advantage is no antenna needed. Living in NYC, sometimes getting a good signal is difficult because of the high rise bldgs.

I have a Magnum Dynalab MD100 tuner which I've had for over 10 years and obviously the SQ is better, but now I can sell it. :) 

The A10 has simplified my system in so many ways.

3 minutes ago, Foxman50 said:

Is this correct. Im in th UK and set iPad to UNited States, no internet radio icon. Set Aurender to take region from iPad. Nothing.

i like internet radio for background music, which i sort through my Synology NAS at present but would be good if i could sort direct through Aurender.

Yes..this was how I got internet radio the past month before the update. Try Amsterdam. 

2 minutes ago, Foxman50 said:

Many thanks works a treat.

Glad that works. How do u like the SQ?

Great update by Aurender all around. I'm pleasantly surprised that most of the jazz stations sound much better than I expected. Wbgo hd2, audiophile jazz, hi on line jazz among the many. Not sure how accurate the bit rate display on the stations are though. 

Now if we can only get alternate skin colors...

With internet radio, does your Aurender display which station is playing or just "Internet Radio"?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dminches said:

Good news.  The unit is fine.  The USB power was shut off and the DAC they use to test the unit requires power.  Once they turned it back on the USB started working.

Whew. 

Good to hear. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to your findings. 

• 1 month later...

How big are your hands dminches?

I was using the mini the first 2 months I had the A10. Upgraded to the 2017 iPad in April. Easier to read and tap. Better overall for me. 

2 hours ago, dminches said:

Not huge. I think I may get a regular iPad since the mini may be a little too small. 

Thnaks for all the comments. 

Good choice. You're probably gonna go that way eventually anyway.

2 hours ago, Deyorew said:

So simple question. Does the app let you sort your album by artist then by year? Another words view your beatle albums chronologically instead of alphabetical? Call it OCD but albums not filed by release date drives me nuts....

You can only sort albums by title name, artist, or album year. Not chronological, just alphabetical when sorting by artist. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, markrubin said:

http://www.aurender.com/blog/new-software-release-note-4/post/system-sw-4-5-10-16-app-2-8-5-148

I installed the update in my A10: still looking for different color app skins!!

Yeah. This and the fix for the display issue when streaming FM. 

7 hours ago, agladstone said:

Anyone know what the update actually does? 

I fear adding the update may remove some current features / abilities available now and not sure it's worth the risk unless the update adds some really good new features or capabilities? 

I don't believe anything significant was updated unless you have an N100c. I don't see any anyway. 

According to the notes, the album covers that weren't updating when added to library were fixed, but not in my case. 

When playing any album I added to my library from Tidal.
I’ve restarted both the A10 and the aurender app and have also deleted and re-added albums to my library with the same results. 

Anyone else having this issue after loading the new update?

IMG_0625.PNG

Both the app and the A10 were updated. 

• 2 weeks later...

App update with fix now available. 

The album covers on some recently added albums on Tidal are not updating. Just getting the generic "gold disc" as art on my Aurender app. 

Submitted a ticket to tidal and waiting for response.

Anyone else with this issue?

Heres a screenshot. 

IMG_0656.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mrbooboy said:

Just received my A10 and thought there was a way to turn off the power on the USB output (assuming  external DAC doesn't need it). The problem is I cannot figure out how to do it. Am I confusing models? Thanks.

David

A little confused. Turn off the power on the A10 or power on the USB output?

• 3 weeks later...

New SW update available. 

4 hours ago, markrubin said:

looks like minor bug fixes

app background color still the same!

Yeah, unfortunately. 

I was hoping for the fm streaming fix at the very least.