IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Jeff_N said:

Good to hear an honest, unvarnished opinion. I'm curious to see if it changes over time.

The only way to definitely determine this is to get a second brand new unit from the box and do an actual A - B comparison. 

Any changes determined "from memory" are complete worthless.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

9 hours ago, scoc said:

I’m breaking in a completely new N200 unit. I’m at 150 hours now so should be sufficient to start assessing the unit properly but so far the N200 has not really surprised me in such a postitive way to warrant double the price of a N100H.

In the end it's the DAC that creates the sound. Before that it's all just dips and peaks. 

Digital gear mostly differs in options, not in output.

9 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

I heartily disagree. If that were the case one wouldn't hear any difference between e.g. the N100 and the W20. I went the route myself from X100 to N10 to W20. Each step was VERY significant!

Did you listen to them in a blind A - B setting, where someone else only needed to flick a switch to listen to the other player?

6 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

You're a really funny guy.. I heard them side by side for two weeks and the improvement was VERY, VERY apparent inside literally 10 seconds.

Have you actually ever heard them side by side? Or are you just claiming that 'bits are bits'? You couldn't be farther from the truth.

I know! A genuine clown! De schoenen van Hugo, maar dan in levende lijve!

No, not all of them. I compared the N100SC to the N10 to the Bryston BDP3 (or maybe BDP2, don't remember) to the Aurelic (forgot the type), all via USB on a Benchmark DAC3B. 

Day and night differences? Not in the studio where I compared them. Nuances maybe. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

Pretty simple actually; the ability to delete files, albums and folders.  I’d like to delete directly from the app. 

Isn't that what Windows Explorer (or any other OS's equivalent program) is for?

The app is just the controller for the player, and IMO it definitely should not be something that allows me to accidentally delete stuff.

My home computer, windows 10 pro, from press-the-powerbutton to ready-to-rock in 6 seconds.

My N100SC from press-the-powerbutton to ready-to-rock in 3 minutes... 

Yes, this annoys me. It's all solid state drives, Aurender used a stripped version of an already lean OS, why does it need to take that long to start up?

56 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s possible your Windows PC has a very fast CPU, fast RAM, and everything built without care for possible effects on audio output. 

Yes, my pc was built for serious speed and has a lot of muscle.

Still, the Aurender OS doesn't have to do all that much. It takes ridiculously long to start up.

1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

Don't shut it down. It was never intended to be. Just put it to 'Pause' and it will go into auto stand-by after a few minutes. Then when pushing 'Play' again it will do so straight away. No waiting whatsoever.

Sometimes it happens that I am away for days to weeks. I do not want to leave it on while I am gone for these periods, I had a previous streamer catch fire spontaneously, fortunately I was home when that happened.  I also noticed my N100SC does get quite warm, even when inactive. Also something that makes me go "hmm..."

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

Actually no, it does not. It has an LPSU. There is a wire jumper inside that needs to be plugged into a different jumper depending on where you are/what voltage you are plugged into. Do NOT take a 110V unit and plug it into a 220V source. You’ll blow at least a fuse and possibly the whole PSU block. @tomwoo

Oops... I apologize for my incorrect answer, I wrongly assumed a switching powersupply because the box states 110 - 240 volts.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, al210 said:

Buying a used N10 and wondering what will be the best hookup for my Chord Cutest DAC.

If I read correctly the N10 temp controlled clock does not function on its USB output. The cutest DAC has BNC input but only up to 384Kbits where the USB on the Cutest supports 768Kbits and up to 512 DSD. I have a bunch of 128 DSD albums.

Your sound system is a synergy. 

Try all possible options and use what you think sounds best.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sidvee said:

I ordered a N200 as an upgrade to my n100h.  With the n100h I used an external HDD as a storage device and all but DSD tracks played back well. DSD's suffered some drop outs/stutters - so I used the onboard storage for DSD albums only. Now since the N200 does not have any onboard storage (user installable only), can I use the external HDD in a similar fashion?  Also will usb 3.0 help with larger files (like dsd) stored on external drive?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Cheers,

Sid

Maybe it's just me, but if you spend that much in a streamer, you can also spend some money on a SSD drive. Get a 4TB or even 8TB Samsung Evo and play all your music from that, and use your external drive as backup. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2021 at 1:07 AM, Arnold Cruz said:

Why does the scanner create two albums for some artists? Here's a typical example, on is correct one is wrong.

The files are in the N150 internal disc and I verified the Metadata and they're in order. In the iPad Conductor App, the "remove from my library" is disabled. 

Did you check for lowercase/uppercase? 

Spaces in names/titles or at the start or end? 

Things like " and '? 

Weird characters like Ç?

If all else fails send me a pm for my email address, zip the album and email it to me so I can have a look.

• 1 month later...

The way all streamers look at artwork: 

1: Look for "folder.jpg" and/or "front.jpg" (sometimes a png file is accepted too) in the album folder

2: look for "back.jpg" in the album folder

3:  if those aren't present in the album folder: look for embedded artwork in the files

The only solution for your issue is to place each disk in it's own folder, so the streamer sees it as one album.

This is my Depeche Mode singles box. 

One main folder with every single in its own subfolder. Every single has artwork as "folder.jpg" and embedded. As you can see they all have their own artwork.

IMG_0005.thumb.PNG.df930159f52577dce272d2af10c79c7a.PNG

I think that the main folder should only have subfolders in it, and no artwork whatsoever. 

And unfortunately you will need to perform a full new scan with every change... Aurender is stubborn when it comes to updating the database. 

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, AurenderAmerica said:

@Anonamemouse I'm not aware of any changes to the FLAC codec protocol that would render "New FLAC" incompatible with existing FLAC decoders. Theoretically, if that were to happen (and I doubt it ever would...), we'd be able to account for it with a firmware update. 

AFIK TIFF is for pictures, not an audio codec?

The FLAC codec was updated not too long ago, and even though it's not incompatible with existing versions, it will most likely have improved something. So I wondered...

And I meant ALAC (and every other supported audio codec), TIFF indeed is for images (graphics guy here...)

• 1 month later...

I have a very random and so far not reproducable glitch with my N100SC. 

Sometimes, after I have added a few albums to the library, when I start one of those albums it only plays the first song and then removes the entire album from the playlist. It remains in the library, and when I start it up again, it plays the entire album.

It happens randomly. Sometimes not for weeks, sometimes two albums in a row. I have been paying attention for any possible order or format or resolution, but nothing seems to matter, it just happens.

I always make sure that the entire album is in the playlist, so it's not a matter of accidentally only selecting the first song.

• 4 weeks later...

@AurenderAmerica

You probably missed this, so here's a repost:

I have a very random and so far not reproducable glitch with my N100SC. 

Sometimes, after I have added a few albums to the library, when I start one of those albums it only plays the first song and then removes the entire album from the playlist. It remains in the library, and when I start it up again, it plays the entire album.

It happens randomly. Sometimes not for weeks, sometimes two albums in a row. I have been paying attention for any possible order or format or resolution, but nothing seems to matter, it just happens.

I always make sure that the entire album is in the playlist, so it's not a matter of accidentally only selecting the first song.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 6:18 PM, AurenderAmerica said:

@Buzzeryour first picture looks correct. The second one is obviously wrong as it is displaying the file name, not the metadata. After a software update, the system has to re-scan your media library. The results of that scan are the library info/metadata that you actually browse and see on screen. Most likely, the system had not finished re-scanning so the readout on screen was not reflecting the metadata of your files. I don't expect this will happen again, but if it does, please reach out to Aurender support at [email protected]. Thanks!

I own a N100SC, and after a reboot of the player (software version = 5.23.142) and a full rescan of the albums and another reboot (the next day, at least 16 hours later) it still shows the filename in the display. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:15 PM, AurenderAmerica said:

The information on the top of your Aurender screen is an indication of the USB DAC connection. It will report sample rate of signal being sent to the DAC while music is playing or it will report the max sample rate supported by the DAC when music is NOT playing. The info on the bottom center reports the sample rate of the TRACK/source material that you are playing. It looks like there may be some incongruous sample rate reporting info going on in your case. We will investigate this and fix it. And we'll certainly want to look into this "screeching" thing! Has it happened again? If it happens again, try to make a note of the date and time and what track was playing. Avoid rebooting it until our support team has had a chance to connect remotely and check the logs.

I own a Benchmark DAC3, which is capable of DSD. The DAC shows as a Benchmark DAC2 on the display, which is sort of correct, it is how the DAC identifies itself. But my N100SC refuses to accept that my DAC3 is DSD capable.

Also, no comments on this issue?

REPOST: Sometimes, after I have added a few albums to the library, when I start one of those albums it only plays the first song and then removes the entire album from the playlist. It remains in the library, and when I start it up again, it plays the entire album.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 6:07 PM, Buzzer said:

Name of album does not show up now on the N100C Aurender screen.  I've checked this with multiple albums -  same result.  Need fixed.  Also need this other upload "Failed to add a task" glitch fixed.

IMG_4763.JPG

A reboot fixes this UNTIL the database is scanned and updated for new albums. Then it goes back to "unknown artist" and the filename scrolling on the screen. To go back to the normal display you'll have to reboot the player, then it once again remembers how to read Metadata.