IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, P951C said:

You also can use the A10 with the Bartók. I use my A10 with a Moon 750D is a beautiful combination.

That is interesting! Can you please describe the differences between the internal DAC of the A10 and the 750D as axternal converter? On what parameters does the 750D exceed the A10 dac?

4 hours ago, P951C said:

The sound from the A10 in combination with the 750D is deeper, wider and has more timbre. The sound from the A10 is a bit brighter. I have music perfect for the A10. Overall it is more relaxed to listen to the 750D. It is also nice that I can listen DSD and MQA on the A10 that’s not possible with the 750D.

That is exactly the difference between my turntable compared to the A10.  Although the A10 sounds very good to my ears, there is definitely room for improvement. I think I try first to add a good dac to the setup and decide from there. Thanks for your contribution.

• 9 months later...

I want to add to the "skipping first part of a track issue" that I have this with my A10 for a long time. At the start of a track half of the time the first 3-5 seconds are stuttering.

I did start a support ticket, but it never was solved. So with the A10 it for sure isn't a DAC sync issue, as I use the internal DAC of the A10.

Furthermore I play from the internal disk, no NAS.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, JS21 said:

I think I might be upgrading to the N200 soon. I hope it’s worth it over the A10. 
Does anyone know if the N200 uses the same fuses as the A10?

I am curious about the replacement DAC and the possible upgrade in sound. The A10 has a quite mellow sound signature. From what I read is the new generation much cooler in sound signature than the former generation, which the A10 is in my opinion. 

I am thinking of the same upgrade path but am having a hard time choosing which dac will fit best. 

A good test of the possible upgrade in sound quality is switching between the A10 alone as a streamer vs the N200.

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I am using a Aurender A10 for 5 years now. Last months I have a problem occurring more often, and that is that when I want to import an album to the Aurender from the NAS most of the times the first attempt is failing. The app freezes, and I have to shut down the conductor app to be able to use it again. Second time usually does the trick, but sometimes it does not work at all.

Copying via the windows computer works fine.

Does anyone recognise this, and is there a cure? 

Thanks, Ed

6 minutes ago, Buzzer said:

I am using an Aurender N100C. When uploading music through the USB port i get this message "failed to add a task" on the iPad app. To alleviate this I have to close the app and then reopen the app. Then go through the steps to upload the music, and the process works fine. This happens only on the first upload during the day.  Subsequent uploads during the day work fine.  I have been informed this has something to do with "initial handshaking" with the external USB drive.  Maybe a similar issue you have.  I would like to get it alleviated.

Buzzer, that is exactly the problem, the only difference is that my Aurender is connected via the LAN. The problem occurs at the moment I try to import the files from the NAS to the internal disc of the A10.

I was not aware that this is only happening once a day, I will test this!

• 1 month later...

I tested a TAD D1000 (first version) DAC/cd player with my A10 streamer via the USB output of the A10.

All in all there is a definite upgrade in sound quality. There is more controll and flow with the TAD in the system. Also there is more base energy. The width of the soundstage is growing by a meter on boith sides. What is remarkable is that the A10 gives more energy in the mid frequency band, especially noticeable with acoustic guitar. If this is good or not depends on the system offcourse. In my situation the TAD is an upgrade. But considering the money (Eur 15K in 2014) I was expecting a bigger difference. The A10 has a very good dac on-board.

Of course, the TAD is an outdated model. There are better types on the market by now I think for less money. So I will investigate and try different models with the A10 to try to improve the sound quality further more.  

Does anybody has experience with the TAD dac in combination with the A10 or N100? And what can I expect more of a modern dac around Eur 5.000,- in relation to the TAD?

On 7/26/2022 at 10:49 AM, edje said:

I tested a TAD D1000 (first version) DAC/cd player with my A10 streamer via the USB output of the A10.

All in all there is a definite upgrade in sound quality. There is more controll and flow with the TAD in the system. Also there is more base energy. The width of the soundstage is growing by a meter on boith sides. What is remarkable is that the A10 gives more energy in the mid frequency band, especially noticeable with acoustic guitar. If this is good or not depends on the system offcourse. In my situation the TAD is an upgrade. But considering the money (Eur 15K in 2014) I was expecting a bigger difference. The A10 has a very good dac on-board.

Of course, the TAD is an outdated model. There are better types on the market by now I think for less money. So I will investigate and try different models with the A10 to try to improve the sound quality further more.  

Does anybody has experience with the TAD dac in combination with the A10 or N100? And what can I expect more of a modern dac around Eur 5.000,- in relation to the TAD?

Anybody with an opinion about this, especially a modern 5K dac in comparison with the 8 year old 15K TAD dac?

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, Mazza said:

Just added an IFI LAN Silencer to my W20 setup.

I have a long cat 5 LAN cable running from my router to the W20 and I was curious if it would be acting as a long aerial and feeding any rf interference to the circuitry. I have no idea, just a theory/question. I only ‘stream’ occasionally, so most of the time the the LAN is just feeding the Apps instructions to the player, not big chucks of data. 

The effect is stunning. I can’t believe the difference. So much more ‘air and space’ around the soundstage in particular, some added clarity to individual strings on acoustic guitar were the immediate noticeable effect. No way on earth did I expect such a change. My equipment is at such a level that any changes I make are always subtle at best. But not with this add-on

for £90 I suggest you try for yourself. Buy on Amazon and you even have a return policy which is risk free!

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO AFFILIATION WITH IFI OR THEIR DEALERS. just wanted to share with you all. 

Doesn’t have the W20 an isolated LAN port as standard?

• 6 months later...

I dont see any problems reported about the last software update. My A10 is now running 5.23.430 and has become very unstable ever since.

Every album or so the app shuts down. I have to restart the conductor app and then search for the Aurender again, connection is apparently lost. It takes only about 20 seconds, but is very anoying anyway.

Also the conductor 4 app is very unstable. It shuts down very often. So I am running conductor 3 because this is a little bit more stable.

Development of the v4 app is going in the wrong direction if you ask me. Buttons for example for deleting the play list after hitting the "clear function" is randomly placed at the bottom of the Ipad screen. Not logic at all.

I dont see any issues reported so far. Am I the only one dealing with these issues?

My Aurender was very stable until the conductor 4 app and especially since the last software update.

I actually dont know if it has anything to do with my ipad 6 (2018). It is a very slow platform in combination with conductor v3. Changing of a directory takes about 2 seconds each step and therefore constant waiting if you want to change to another file or directory. To change from music files on the Aurender to the NAS for example takes 24 seconds because several steps are involved and every step takes some time, very annoying.

These 2 seconds are vanished within v4, but it has other issues obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 8:54 PM, scoc said:

Instead of all the latest Roon talk I would like to know how the earlier mentioned new AP20 is sounding?

I dont know if the sound signature is similar, but as al long time user (since 2017) of a A10 I can say that this is one of my best investments in audio. It is so good that I dont dare to upgrade to the next level Aurender with the risc of a different (and worst) sound signature. I can reccomend it wholehearted.