IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
Yes, I agree with what you are saying. It's quite probably the case that Aurender cannot afford the Roon licensing fees and that they are working hard to upgrade Conductor. If Aurender can develop something close to Roon, so much the better for us.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

There are no Roon licensing fees for hardware partners. Roon only charges the end user a yearly or lifetime subscription price.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

As used car salesmen say, there's an ass for every seat.

Aurender most definitely has a place in the market, as not everyone is thrilled with Roon or JRiver etc... Aurender offers a single box solution to many people really love and I don't see that going away any time soon.

I agree Conductor should be updated a bit. If for no other reason than it's nice to look at something different once in a while. An "Add to library" feature would be really nice for Tidal integration as well.

The people at Aurender still have plenty of goodies up their sleeves. I promise :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...
Any reviews of the A-10 online? A google search doesn't turn up much. Surprising because the N100H jumped out of the gate with so much positive press.

I believe I have the first official review of the A10 coming. However, Aurender won't ship the unit for review until it has official MQA support.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for replying! No, the preamp is switched off and it has no tone controls whatsoever. I suspect that the Aurender has difficulties recognising the Master format. The Aurender tells me it sees a FLAC file, but I don't remember what sampling rate it displays. I'll check that and get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Your Aurender should be passing the master format bit perfect to your DAC. There is no need to recognize anything in your current setup.

I know Tidal MQA is not available to Aurender streamers yet....but when I bought my A10 I recall the Aurender web site saying it was MQA capable: now I don't see any mention of MQA

am I missing something?

I just received the A10 and I am streaming MQA to it from Tidal and it's fully decoded. I believe an A10 update is coming soon.

Looking forward to auditioning MQA on my N100 too, when they have the software ready.

JC

Hi JC - A couple items to note. Given that the N100 is a digital only product, it will "never" be able to fully decode and render MQA. It can now, and in the future, pass MQA content un-altered to an MQA DAC for full decoding and rendering. I don't think anyone knows if devices like the N100 will be able to do MQA decoding (the first part of it) for delivery to an MQA DAC for rendering.

It's a wait and see thing.

Looks like nobody has a N series with an MQA dac to see if indeed it is passing MQA. I cannot tell on my A10 as it shows Tidal as Hi-Fi. I do believe I am hearing 24-48 but have no way to confirm.

All Aurender servers pass the audio bit perfect, unless adjusted not to. So, MQA will play back on an MQA DAC without issue.

The Aurender A10 Chris is using has a built in DAC which, with an update, is able to "decode" MQA encoded files.

With the all the other Aurender Music Servers (without included DAC) like the X100, N10, W20 how will they handle MQA files?

A - Will they just pass through the files to the DAC which, if MQA enabled, will it be able to decode those files?

B - Will they be able to "decode" the MQA files by themselves in Firmware (software)?

How will a non MQA enabled DAC handle those files ?

Sorry for all the questions but I've read most MQA/Aurender related posts and it's still a little confusing to me.

A. Right now, MQA is just passed through bit perfect like all other FLAC files.

B. Nobody knows yet, but if it's possible, Aurender will do it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys - I'm finishing up my Aurender A10 review this afternoon, sending it to Aurender for fact checking, then publishing it as soon as I get the OK that the review is factually correct (standard procedure).

Given the time differences between Minneapolis and Seoul, I'm guessing it will hit the front page Friday.

I swore off upgradeitis about 18 months ago. However the A10 looks terribly alluring. I don't expect that anyone here can answer it but, the critical issue is, will the DAC in the A10 best my ARC DAC9?

I have both the A10 and the DAC 9 sitting next to each other in my system right now. They are different animals. The A10 connected directly to an amp can give you great results, but so can the DAC 9 connected to a music server and through a preamp.

Chris, w.r.t. your remark: "3. I would love a mobile phone version of the Conductor app. Maybe it's too much to ask for Android while I'm at it."

This Android mobile phone version of Conductor actually exists already for several years. It's rather basic however, especially w.r.t. supporting Tidal (it doesn't show the metadata for Tidal tracks), but it performs the basic tasks pretty well. Also the search function for local files is great and very fast.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Please post a link to the app.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Taxman said:

I don't think the technical reasons are the problem sinne they already support streaming and remote storage. It's probably all about control and reluctance to pay license fees. Sad of course since there really is a niche for high-end endpoints that Aurender could fit in.

Nothing to do with license fees. With Roon the end user pays the license fee ($120 /yr or $500 /lifetime).

On 4/2/2017 at 2:08 PM, samurai7595 said:

Which USB cable are you using with your Aurender?

I have an Aurender N100H and I just ordered a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB 2.0 digital audio cable based on online reviews.  I'll should be receiving it in about 1 week. 

Did you ever figure out the issue with needing to restart the McIntosh?