IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

I am using an Aurender N100C.  When uploading albums through the USB port i get this message on the iPad.  To alleviate this I have to close the app and then reopen the app.  Then go through the steps to upload, and the process works fine.  I don't think it's suppose to work this way.  Any suggestions to fix this glitch would be appreciated.  

B7B7F4BD-4F80-4290-88B3-4282F27E9022.jpeg

10 hours ago, ufoerp said:

are you copying music files from your PC to aurender and the copying is taken at PC? I think this is very straightforward. 

I always on my PC to copy music files to aurender and it is quite smooth even the copying task is several T

Yes I have used this method to move folders to the Aurender and it works quite smoothly.  I would also like to be confident (for my peace of mind) that the Aurender and software is functioning as it should considering the amount of coin that we spend on this equipment.  Again, I would think there is an easy IT solution to this if it was addressed. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Noushy said:

I have had this issue since almost the very beginning with my first Aurender the N100h which still works btw other than the hd died and since replaced with a larger ssd and updated the caching ssd.  It really doesnt bother me because I can just restart the track and all is well.  The issue seems to be with USB and its initial handshaking.  Seems it goes to sleep and has to restart.

Noushy

Might this be the same issue A couple of us are having during upload through USB when we get the message "failed to add a task - please try again"-----the first time we try to upload after turning unit on. Subsequent uploads work fine.   Initial USB  "handshaking"????    Hmmmmm.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2021 at 6:07 PM, Arnold Cruz said:

Why does the scanner create two albums for some artists? Here's a typical example, on is correct one is wrong.

The files are in the N150 internal disc and I verified the Metadata and they're in order. In the iPad Conductor App, the "remove from my library" is disabled. 

Screenshot_20211226-080125_Aurender.jpg

Screenshot_20211226-080140_Aurender.jpg

Screenshot_20211226-080155_Aurender.jpg

I am using the N100C and have the same issue.  I've tried at least  "a hundred times" to rectify this dilemma but to no avail.  I've tried using my ripping software to change tags but nothing seems to work.  Still searching.   

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Len44 said:

What "Service" does Aurender use for the Conductor App to identify CD covers and content?  For most part seems excellent...and yet, why on earth does it use "The Very Best of Kiri to Kanawa" when I insert "Restless Heart Greatest Hits" into my A30?  The CD is duly recorded, but the Title and individual songs are all incorrect.  This appear a significant flaw with the "Service".  I have also experienced a few album covers and songs not identified, although the individual songs are accurately recorded.  And ideas as to what is going on here?

I have ripped about 3500 CDs to my Aurender in the last 7 months and find a CD once in a while where the metadata is totally different.  I have not asked any of the "experts" in our stereo club (of which there are many, at least in their minds), but my theory is that some of the artists/companies put different metadata on the CDs to make it harder to copy them.  Sometime have to manually put in metadata using DB Poweramp or if the correct artist and album name is typed in, the ripping software will find the correct CD.   I have not noticed the conductor app misidentifying anything yet. Just my two cents.  

• 2 months later...

Still contending with this annoying issue when starting first USB upload of the day.  Continue to get this message on iPad.  Need to completely close out of the app and open the app for the process to function normally.  After first upload, then the next uploads function normally.  Any thoughts??? (Yes, I know the folders can be loaded VIA drag and drop on my computer.  Last time I did that with 60 or so folders, process was interrupted, partial copies went through to Aurender and it took about a week to fix it).  USB upload is more reliable (IMHO).  Thanks.

fullsizeoutput_202.jpeg

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, edje said:

Hello all,

I am using a Aurender A10 for 5 years now. Last months I have a problem occurring more often, and that is that when I want to import an album to the Aurender from the NAS most of the times the first attempt is failing. The app freezes, and I have to shut down the conductor app to be able to use it again. Second time usually does the trick, but sometimes it does not work at all.

Copying via the windows computer works fine.

Does anyone recognise this, and is there a cure? 

Thanks, Ed

I am using an Aurender N100C. When uploading music through the USB port i get this message "failed to add a task" on the iPad app. To alleviate this I have to close the app and then reopen the app. Then go through the steps to upload the music, and the process works fine. This happens only on the first upload during the day.  Subsequent uploads during the day work fine.  I have been informed this has something to do with "initial handshaking" with the external USB drive.  Maybe a similar issue you have.  I would like to get it alleviated.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Len44 said:

Yep, me too!  Also with the A30.  Also, any tips or tricks for backing up the stored content?  (I know, consider me to be somewhat a rookie on some of these things.)

I use both an external hard drive and NAS for backup.  Highlight, drag and drop all the folders from one drive to the other.  Very simple.  I only do 30-40 folders (which the ripping software names by artist) at a time incase something interrupts the process and I don't have to go back and start over with many, many folders.  I usually put the folders on the NAS and the external HD before I upload to the Aurender.  This way--- any duplicates are found before the final upload.  Just my two cents.

• 4 weeks later...

OK software version = 5.23.142

So after a 10 day hiatus from home, i returned and fired up the Aurender and then downloaded new software.  So I am unsure whether the reboot or the new software changed the display on the front of unit.  So now, display appears as such:

Prior, it appeared as in second photo:

So, I guess the question is - which is it suppose to be------artist/song or album/artist/song???

IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

51 minutes ago, AurenderAmerica said:

@Buzzeryour first picture looks correct. The second one is obviously wrong as it is displaying the file name, not the metadata. After a software update, the system has to re-scan your media library. The results of that scan are the library info/metadata that you actually browse and see on screen. Most likely, the system had not finished re-scanning so the readout on screen was not reflecting the metadata of your files. I don't expect this will happen again, but if it does, please reach out to Aurender support at [email protected]. Thanks!

Then maybe I didn't leave the unit on long enough for a complete scan to occur.  I will leave the unit on the rest of the day today and see what changes, if anything.  So just to confirm----The correct display should only display the artist and the song.  I forgot if the album was also displayed prior to this mix-up.  thanks.

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, AurenderAmerica said:

@Buzzer did it progress 100% and update complete? If the problem persists, or if you want us to take a look to confirm that the update was installed properly, please don't hesitate to reach us for technical assistance at [email protected] or 888-367-0840 (North America only). Thank you, and apologies for any inconvenience or unexpected "fun" with computers...

Got it done after 3 tries.  Don't know what was stuck.  All is good now.  

• 2 months later...

OK here goes.  N100C.   I turn the Aurender on it says Play Song on the screen.  iPad --I touch the Conductor app and touch connect to the Aurender.  Before update it would automatically connect.  Aurender screen on iPad then comes up and the radio icon is continuously circling. Tidal app nowhere in sight.   I touch one of the top choices - Songs, Artists and screen changes to Artists (if that's what I press), then Tidal app appears, tap on the Tidal app and nothing happens.  I see a shaded  disc behind the app appear but app won't open.  I have to close the Conductor app on the iPad and reopen the app on the iPad to get the Tidal app to open in the Conductor screen. I type in an artist in the search bar of Tidal and after about 4-5 letters typed in the drop down choice menu that usually automatically appears, disappears. Unable to play artist I have chosen.  I have to close the Conductor app on the iPad  and the reopen to get Tidal to open properly.

Prior to update, after the songs in the Que played, Tidal app would automatically add more songs of the same genre and continue playing. When I am finally able to play a song through Tidal, the song plays, no other songs are added to Que to continue listening.  

Listening to music from Aurender hard drive seems to work properly.  I have had three listening sessions since update and Tidal has not worked properly each time since update.  Worked fine before through Aurender app.  

If in the same listening session, I close out of the Aurender app and the reopen the App goes through "updating data base and downloading library data"  Why????  And the Tidal app does not work properly again.  

Someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong or fix the update please!!

• 4 months later...

OK boys and girls -  Yesterday I had  a conversation with Kelly regarding some issues I have been having with the software for version 4 and also help with creating playlists.  Ari was very, very good with customer service, however he may have "met his match" with Kelly.   Aurender customer service is still is great hands.  Kelly was able to explain in depth and solve all my issues.  Great job. Hopefully Kelly has some help with all the issues they may be facing.  Onward.

5 hours ago, XCop5089 said:

One issue that has niggled me about the Aurender Conductor App in the year that I have owned my N20 and ripped music to the SSD's I have installed - Missing artwork based on how the album is named!

To explain further, I ripped a compilation album I own, titled "... With Love"

The three dots that begin the album name seem to be highly relevant, as I have been unable to locate this album in any folder on the SSD's, using my MacBook Pro laptop and the "Finder" function!

The display of this album on the Conductor App (Apple iPad) states that the file route is "Music2/Various Artists" but when this folder is interrogated, there is no album titled "... With Love"

I first noticed this, when I went to add album art from a file on my computer (see below) using the dbPoweramp "Perfect Tunes" software.

Does anyone please have any suggestions as to why this particular album, remains "invisible?"

IMG_0066.thumb.jpeg.a22713c46143659d30b0f5167c00a71f.jpeg

Just a guess.  The software may not like those three dots.  

1 hour ago, XCop5089 said:

Thanks

I really appreciate your answer, but I am not particularly confident with computers (hurtling towards 70) so I would please ask that you spell it out for me!

The album "...with love" appears on my iPad (Conductor App) with no artwork. It can be selected and the tracks played perfectly!

The problem for me, is that when I look for the folder containing the album, to add artwork, using Perfect Tunes software, it is not visible under the path as displayed by the Conductor App (Music2/Various Artists), so any amendment to the meta data is impossible!

With the formula you have kindly detailed, do I copy and paste this somewhere? If so, where? - dbPoweramp, Perfect Tunes, CD Ripper etc.?

Apologies for my lack of computer knowledge, but I can grasp the basics, but just need a bit of 'hand-holding" to achieve what many others take for granted!

In addition, you might check out the dbPoweramp forum.  https://forum.dbpoweramp.com.  This topic is certainly suited for addressing there.  I have received lot of good information there.  One can edit tags for each CD using Perfect tunes or dbPoweramp for the Aurender to recognize all information.  You may have to rename the folder to get rid of those tree dots with whatever system you are using  -  Safari or Windows.