IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Apologies if I missed it, but what is happening with the Aurender N30 regarding availability in the US?  Seems like a very lengthy lead time  after it was announced a few months ago.  If it has been released, are there any reviews?

• 3 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 6:45 AM, KenCyclingNYC said:

Hello Aurenders!

CONNECTOR REQUEST: The ability to delete tracks, albums and/or Artist in the app. With limited space on the app, it would be great to add that feature similar to other music management apps.

Thanks,

Ken

Can you tell me a bit more about the "...limited space on the app"?  Not sure I understand all this.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^Good point.  I was interested in Aurender and came to this forum area to see what others, especially owners, had to say about these devices.  

I was impressed, especially seeing the strong support provided through the presence of Ari Margolis.  His quick and accurate responses when addressing owners issues convinced me that Aurender was the place to be, and that the ownership experience would be delightful.  I must say, I have not been disappointed, and my expectations have in fact been exceeded.

Thanks, Ari -- and Aurender.

• 3 months later...

What "Service" does Aurender use for the Conductor App to identify CD covers and content?  For most part seems excellent...and yet, why on earth does it use "The Very Best of Kiri to Kanawa" when I insert "Restless Heart Greatest Hits" into my A30?  The CD is duly recorded, but the Title and individual songs are all incorrect.  This appear a significant flaw with the "Service".  I have also experienced a few album covers and songs not identified, although the individual songs are accurately recorded.  And ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks for the fast response -- really appreciated.  Now, how does one navigate to the "change release" option?  I am using "Aurender Lite" on my iPhone, and also the A30 Manager on the MacBook.   Ari, I would just add that I thoroughly researched my options before purchasing this unit, and your Excellent support to users was a strong influence in deciding to go with Aurender.

Thanks for the fast response -- really appreciated.  Now, how does one navigate to the "change release" option?  I am using "Aurender Lite" on my iPhone, and also the A30 Manager on the MacBook.   Ari, I would just add that I thoroughly researched my options before purchasing this unit, and your Excellent support to users was a strong influence in deciding to go with Aurender.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, wjt3 said:

Anyone figure out how to print a list out of stored music? I have an A30 model-  Really just looking for a list of Artists followed by their cds/  Tired of buying the same cd by mistake?!?!? No idea  thanks

Yep, me too!  Also with the A30.  Also, any tips or tricks for backing up the stored content?  (I know, consider me to be somewhat a rookie on some of these things.)

• 2 months later...

Well...I guess I need some guidance.  On the A30 all was well, until the update.  Now, the CDs I uploaded that were categorized as "Unknown" have disappeared!!!  What the heck?  Anyone know how to get these back?  I suppose I can re-upload, but really, this should not happen.  

Of course, it always possible this is my  error.  Nevertheless, I would appreciate any help / guidance.

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the question -- Does anyone have a good way of backing up the music files from an A30 (as Aurender strongly recommends, but with no guidance to make this happen.

Very interested in doing this backup, but could certainly use some assistance on this topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Need some help, please.  A30 was alive and well until last night.  I ripped three CDs, then went to play some music -- no dice.  All appears well, but not getting output to pre-amp and amps.  All had been fine before.  song selections appear to be playing. 

Also have "HDD" in upper left corner of screen, which I do not recall before.

Questions?  Any assistance would be Greatly Appreciated.  Exception out of town guests tomorrow, and had been eager to show off   my music stuff, so of course this happens now.

Thanks.  Yes, rebooted everything overnight.  Cables are good and properly connected.  Preamp and amps verified working / playing well with other gear (OPPO 205).  

Ripping operation worked fine (I think).  At least cds were added to the A30 library.  When I select a song to play, all indications are good, just nothing getting to my ears, Volumes are good, at least on the preamp.

I DO agree that this is something simple.  I worry I may have done a "fat-finger" and inadvertently touched some setting in the Aurender app (using my iPhone.  

Also, in my so far unsuccessful attempts to get the A30 content available to the SONOS system, the IP address deleted, then the app wanted me to "sign in" again and I put it back in.  Interestingly, the music played just fine the night before, so it is puzzling to me. 

Again, the A30 acts like all is well an the music selection is playing, just not getting the signal, at least is sufficient volume, to the preamplifier.  I had not changed this setting.  However, I will do so again in a minute or two.

And thanks for your interest and assistance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting discussion.  I would just add that, to me, I strongly desire No Compromise to sound quality.  Presuming that this overriding concern is accomplished, I am neutral regarding making Roon optional.

BTW, is it now the consensus view that V4 of Conductor is now stable and works well compared to V3?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kvm said:

Thanks for your reply - agree with the logic; even if aurender server is considered backup copy, it would be good to have a way to 'bulk' copy between aurender and external USB drives instead of going over slow network.

EXACTLY!!!  Is this information included somewhere that I missed?