IGNORED

Samsung's curved LED TV's -- good or bad for audio?

A number of threads here have pointed out that putting a big flat panel TV between your front speakers is a bad idea from a sound quality standpoint because of how it reflects sound waves (similar to a big reflective coffee table in front of your listening position). Any views on whether Samsung's new curved LED TV's make that problem better or worse than the same size flat panel?

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

Go for the parabolic one, and put a second one directly behind your listening spot, so that you sit at the other one of the foci.

I was actually thinking I needed 7.1 of them to give me surround sight and sound! But I couldn't figure out whether to put the speakers inside or outside the circle...

Seriously, after 100 views no one has an educated opinion on this? I know the ideal is diffraction not reflection, but I figured that a concentrated reflector might be even worse than a flat one in terms of interfering with good imaging.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

I haven't seen the Samsung screen but the LG curved screen curve is subtle. Ultimately, it's the fall's gonna kill you. So I don't think it matters whether it's curved. Cover the TV or put some panels in front of the TV for music listening if you don't want the TV to affect your soundstage with its sonic reflections and vibrations.

A number of threads here have pointed out that putting a big flat panel TV between your front speakers is a bad idea from a sound quality standpoint because of how it reflects sound waves (similar to a big reflective coffee table in front of your listening position). Any views on whether Samsung's new curved LED TV's make that problem better or worse than the same size flat panel?

Can't be better. I would be looking at the Sony XBR 4k sets anyway. More natural color, outstanding native playback of 4k content and very well built, handsome sets. Oh, and they are flat.

David