IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

4 minutes ago, Miracle1980 said:

Can I configure the Aries from web browser and use bubbleupnp from Android?

as far as I remember you have to configure your Aries, first time you turn it on, connecting via Lightning DS to its own "private" wi-fi network

you will also need Lightning DS to set up an account, register your Aries and enroll in the beta program

can't you borrow an iPad/iPhone from a friend, just for this?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

yes but... not for firmware updates: the web UI only shows firmare version, there's no "check for updates" button

though fw updates are pushed to everyone and are automagically downloaded

when this happens... don't remember if you get just an alert, in Lightning DS, that firmware was updated or if you have to accept the update being applied

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

and as all I need is a quality Roon endpoint... sorry, Auralic but... bye-bye :|

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, mikey8811 said:

Thanks. I wonder what causes it.

fw 5.0 beta doesn't play it nice with (temporarily) missing NAS/HD

my NAS is set to sleep at night and I had to also turn my Aries off, else I was finding the library emptied the following day

reported since beta 2

headphones system:

1 hour ago, FIndingit said:

Maybe Auralic found out that such heavy processes compromise sound quality too much and need the more capable processing power of the upcoming G2. 

I believe they are already pushing Aries' hardware to its limits with this damned upsampling everyone, lately, wants to do no matter if HW is not really up to the task 9_9

As soon as I install fw 5 beta I get EMI/RFI on my tubes preamplifier. It goes away as soon as I revert to 4.1 (or move the Aries underneath, instead of on top of, the Metrum Hex which, with his large metal box, acts as a shield)

I'm using the Aries as Roon endpoint and if I were to do any upsampling I'd rather do it on my quad-core i7 Mac mini!

Only solution I was offered as a fix is... locking my Aries to fw 4.1

I'm pretty upset with Auralic and I'm not sure I will trust, in the future, yet another company that does "what people want"  instead of what is right in a given condition. They should have rather said: "Sorry guys, in the end we found current Aries not to be up to the task so, who *needs* upsampling etc. will be offered a trade in program for a G2"

headphones system:

54 minutes ago, mjb said:

Well, a simple fix would be for Auralic to add a toggle switch "Upsampling function: On/Off" in their web interface. I'd like the option to turn off "Lightning Server" too.

I suggested doing right that instead of being locked to fw 4.1: no reply :|

headphones system:

ethernet and wi-fi MAC addresses are different so... yes: that's why ;)

headphones system:

7 minutes ago, mikey8811 said:

I guess at the end of the day if the Aries doesn't "work well in [my] environment", I shall just have to get another streamer that does.

in the end I'm staying on 4.1 that does all I need

though... if someone has suggestions for a *quality* streamer that does RoonReady and Qobuz as seamlessly as the Aries does... ;)

(I already considered micro/ultraRendu and sotm-S200 but one needs to enter the web UI and change mode each and every time 9_9 plus I'm not at all sure they're better than the Aries)

headphones system:

4 minutes ago, Blade1001 said:

Has 5.0 actually been released and pushed to Aries boxes now, or are you guys still discussing an opt in beta?

http://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/206579677-Current-Device-Firmware

headphones system:

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, mjb said:

A rectangular metal box with an internal drive would be so much nicer!

and... here's the Aries G2 x-D

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, scan80269 said:

With Aries, I've seen far more instances of quirky behavior, for example the display is black and is unresponsive to the remote control display toggle button, display shows corrupted junk, display of track progress not updating despite track playing normally, or even no response to the remote control power button.

please contact Auralic support as when I did, for the very same issues, I was told I'm the only one reporting this and they can't reproduce them o.O

Was even asked to send some example files, despite saying there's no relation with specific ones 9_9

headphones system:

• 7 months later...

never seen that. weird indeed :|

try asking on Auralic Community's forum ;)

headphones system:

1 minute ago, ale76 said:

See you on melius :-)

no idea why but can't post anymore there (no "reply" window showing, despite being logged in) :|

guess I'll have to read the new rules 9_9

ciao ;)

headphones system:

the question "why is there another *possible but usually hidden* number" remains :|

x-D

headphones system:

• 4 months later...
18 hours ago, intensemojo said:

Anyone moving up to the new G1 or G2? 

thinking about it. still unsure if I’d better change to Lumin instead ;)

headphones system:

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Doghos said:

I didn't know that they must implement the room correction !

for sure they're not under any obligation ?

headphones system:

• 3 months later...

copy-paste does ;)

headphones system: