IGNORED

JRiver & Mac

If you use your Mac & JRiver, please provide your settings. Thank you... enjoy.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

What sort of settings are you trying to survey here? Everyone's settings for DAC and driver will be different (depending on, um, DAC and driver) and irrelevant to those not using that same DAC and driver. Settings for upsampling or downsampling will be personal taste (or once again, depending on the limits of one's DAC). What are you looking for; a more specific request would help.

P.S. I have two 20 minute screencast videos on setting up JRIver, tweeking it, learning tips on tagging, mass tagging, creating custom views, importing those to jremote, etc etc. Feel free to download them here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/j-river-tips-and-techniques-user-experiences-repository-13684/index3.html#post272960

Oops... I met all the DSP's etc. I am using with a brand new IMac and though it sounds good, I think it is capable of much better sound. BTW, is Pure Music itunes dependable? I will watch your video's. Thank you Ted... enjoy.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

Yes, Pure Music is dependent on iTunes, which is why I se J-River

May I respectfully disagree. Pure Music 2.0X in Less Is More is not dependent on iTunes. In fact iTunes in use at the same time is defeating Pure Music in that mode.

Best,

Richard

Page 22, Pure Music User Manual:

Important: Except for the Selected button, all navigation and play control must be performed using the Less is More Controller. In Less is More Mode, the Remote app for iPhone / iPod will not function with Pure Music, nor will the volume control in iTunes. If the Play button is pressed in iTunes, iTunes will begin playing audio!

This mode also can be used as a quick way to disconnect Pure Music from iTunes, for playing unsup- ported media types. Just place the Less is More Controller in Pause mode.

JRiver on Mac, for me, has been really nice with up-sampling to x2DSD (128 DSD) out of a cheap iFi iDSD nano DAC. My main rig is a Windows rig (as seen in my sig) but on a second system I've been using the 128DSD/iDSD for a very little while now and am surprised how good it sounds. Not much to do other than set it up and run! On my older Mac Mini, I'm using about 60% of the processor (per Activity Monitor). That is a bit higher than I'd like but I've had no dropouts.

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification