IGNORED

2 tb ssd?

I'd like to know where they are getting one as they are pretty much non-existent... I'm guessing they are using one of the 2TB hybrid drives and claiming it's SSD.

Considering the price estimate would be close to the full price of the unit for a 2TB SSD.

Heck even 2 Samsung 1TB SSDs is about $850 - $900, that leaves about a thousand for everything else in there... hmmm.

The linked page clearly states: Solid State Drive (SSD) upgrade.

SSD is an optional extra that adds $1,000 to the price, so it probably is a real SSD.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

And Samsung 1TB drives are now going for $400 on Amazon. I suspect we'll start seeing 2TB drives soon.

Soon maybe... But how many 2TB SSD are *currently* available and at what cost?

Google indicates Intel have 2TB in their roadmap for the end of 2014, but the only currently available are from Foremay and Solidata at around $5000.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

That's why I'm very hesitant to say it's a single SSD drive at 2TB.

I'm almost wondering if it's a hybrid drive that uses the SSD layer (normally 30 - 100GB) as a caching and some people claim it's SSD.

I'd be interested to get one and open it up. If only I had more play money!

• 3 weeks later...

2 TB SSDs are coming. No hard launch dates yet. This article provides one of several examples presented at Computex:

AnandTech | Computex 2014 ADATA Booth Tour: 2TB SX930 SSD, Micro SSDs, Power Banks, Wireless Chargers and More

The new generation of Intel based motherboards will help eliminate potential bottlenecks with PCIe implementations. This will probably be much easier to sort out a few months from now.