IGNORED

Your dream-system

Hi All,

I guess everyone has a dream-system; the one you would own if money was no object. For the sake of the discussion, let's assume you already have a very nice dedicated music-room and, therefore, your partner (if present) would have nothing to complain about.

For me, for the most part, it would be a DIY-project that would take about US$ 17,500 in components and another US$ 2,500 for the loudspeaker-cabinets, connection-material and cabling.

• Loudspeakers: DIY 4-way, using ScanSpeak Illuminator series drivers for a D'Appolito midwoofer (isobarik pair)-midrange-tweeter-midrange-midwoofer (isobaric pair) and two (isobarik) pairs of down-firing SB Acoustics subwoofers. Subwoofers, midwoofers and midranges in separated nautilus chambers. Sealed (obviously) enclosures (0.707 alignment).
  • Filtering and per-driver phase-correction: Digital, using Thuneau Loudspeaker Frequency Allocator (see source)
  • Source (hardware not included in price): Laptop, Windows 7 Ultimate, Foobar2000 -> Thuneau LFA
  • DAC: exaSound e28 (XLR-version, eight-channel, using USB)
  • Amplification: Six Hypex nCore 400 amplifier-modules per L/R channel (one for each isobarik pair of sub- and midwoofers, one for the midranges and one for the tweeter)

So, what is your dream-system (at the moment!)?

Kind regards,

Peter

“We are the Audiodrones. Lower your skepticism and surrender your wallets. We will add your cash and savings to our own. Your mindset will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.” - (Quote from Star Trek: The Audiophile Generation)

If money was no object for both hardware and software then something like the Tape Project's collection of 2 track 15 IPS master tape copies I heard in the TAD suite at The Show in Las Vegas in 2011. Also other 2 track 15 IPS master tape copies to come out since then, such as those from Opus 3.

A Bottlehead modified Technics RS1500 reel to reel deck, premium yet undecided tubed pre and power amps and TAD Reference One speakers.

ces_hi2.jpg

finishedtape2big.jpg

Or perhaps this system which I haven't heard yet from the Bottlehead room?

BH_08_3.jpg

Since I'm not a millionaire yet I guess I'll have to settle for the next best, 5.6MHz DSD downloads and my Teac DAC.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Devialet 200 + Sonus faber Olympica III

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

A Mac w/ favorite music player software and possibly throw in a Sonos Connect for streaming services and a Linn Sondek for analog.

A thoroughly Modern, classic, high performance hifi that can fit in any domestic environment.

David

Not sure I can build my dream system at the moment. NAS feeding a Box that acts as Server/Renderer/DAC/PreAmp and with a wireless feed to Active/Powered speakers. The Box will also have an input for a Well Tempered vinyl player.

For currently available, I would love to hear ATC powered speakers (100 or 150), high-end NAIM, or exotic tubes. Not sure which speakers I would target with the NAIM or tubes...perhaps Magico.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers