IGNORED

Attachments hassle

Undoubtedly people ran into this (often). Whether it has been mentioned before - I don't know;

CAAttach01.png

My posts are always too long but this also means that it takes some longer time to create them. Well, I don't know what the "time out" is, but if it takes you too long after hooking up some attachments like the above, they will show up like ... shown above.

This is quite inconvenient. Additionally inconvenient is that this seems to come along with the previously uploaded attachments to the "manage attachments" screen being disappeared from there too. So, normally they stay forever in there, but when this whatever time out happens they disappear from there just the same.

This is still not all, because in that situation anomalies start to happen at the bottom of of the page (of the post) because now there the attachments will appear. This, while they were intended to be "in-line" in the text (like the above one). This then means that they need to be uploaded again to the "Manage Attachments" screen and again "in-line" them to the same post which ... will be a mess because now they will show twice (in-line and at the bottom). So ... A copy-paste to a new post is needed which doesn't work out all that nice because you will be copy-pasting the attachments from the original text, where they still DO show in the editor. OK, that only needs deleting them from there. But additional point thus is : in the editor they always keep on showing and you actually only notice at "preview" *if* you do that for the last time before the final posting. If not, then you will notice only after posting, that is, if you look back.

Btw, of course, in the new post you first try the re-upload via the still present "Manage Attachments" screen, but that does not work (insert in-line ends up nowhere); you'll need to close that screen and again apply for "manage attachments".

Lastly, when you copy pasted as told, still one of the attachments stays as thumbnail at the bottom of the post; seems unavoidable but probably if you remove the "attachments texts" first (see screenshot above) then that won't happen (see here : http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/how-low-can-you-go-20484/#post321190)

But *then* you'd need to insert markers where your attachments were positioned.

What hassle ?

Regards,

Peter

PS: Solution : make short posts.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

PS:

When we are at this anyway, when I like to remove an attachment because it seems wrong to me, actually the same sort of thing happens as mentioned with the copy-paste : it will stay as thumbnail at the bottom;

I can imagine that some for me hidden button etc. exists to definitely remove attachments ? I can't find it ...

Btw this is all with Chrome, might that matter.

XXHighEnd (developer)

I usually take the writing offline when I feel that it will be a long one exactly to avoid time-out mess.

Usually does the trick

+1

Simplest way to avoid it.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Isn't there an "auto save" function?

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

I started talking about "time outs" but it isn't really that. It is something which is/goes plain wrong.

CAAttach02.png

In this screenshot you see the "Manage Attachments" screen. The one at the bottom is going to be attached. The ones at the top were used previously and they will stay forever. The one at the bottom though will disappear after some time and that goes along with the in-line attachment (thumbnail of it) turning into a link only. Or the other way around (attachment disappears from text and therefore in the Manage Attachments screen it does too).

"Auto Save" works all right, so it is not about that.

Additionally, because I picked the wrong attachment for this post at first (the one you see ready for it in above shot) I removed that from the text and replaced it with the intended one (the one you see above). But if I'm well informed the old one will show at the bottom after posting. At least at this moment I already see it. Look :

CAAttach03.png

So I don't know what you guys want to do with a screen show of some phase angle shift, but I can't get it out of this post that I know of. Yes, start all over as described in the OP.

PhaseAngle01.png

XXHighEnd (developer)