IGNORED

Pixies - Indie Cindy

The music on the CD could have been AMAZING but I can't get around the sound quality... Hyper compressed, brittle, and harsh. Such a shame. Every damn track is clipped. Really?! No wonder Kim Deal walked off.

Let's hope the 24-bit version from HDTracks fares better than this otherwise vinyl is the only option IMO.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed folder: /Users/Junker1/Desktop/Indie Cindy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Filename

DR6 over -6.73 dB 01 What Goes Boom.m4a

DR6 over -6.59 dB 02 Greens and Blues.m4a

DR6 over -7.00 dB 03 Indie Cindy.m4a

DR5 over -7.09 dB 04 Bagboy.m4a

DR6 over -6.55 dB 05 Magdalena 318.m4a

DR6 over -6.83 dB 06 Silver Snail.m4a

DR6 over -7.38 dB 07 Blue Eyed Hexe.m4a

DR6 over -6.63 dB 08 Ring the Bell.m4a

DR5 over -6.47 dB 09 Another Toe in the Ocean.m4a

DR6 over -7.56 dB 10 Andro Queen.m4a

DR6 over -6.97 dB 11 Snakes.m4a

DR5 over -6.20 dB 12 Jaime Bravo.m4a

Number of files: 12

Official DR value: DR6

==============================================================================================

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future

-2dB RMS??

My dog - without opposable thumbs - could have done a better job on this.

Many of the Pixies albums had DR 12-13... So this isn't even consistent with their typical sound mix.

A Digital Audio Converter connected to my Home Computer taking me into the Future

I agree, shame, I'll just do a needledrop of the lp, probably the best bet, here's the 24/44 of Blue Eyed-

hexe_zps89f3bd88.jpg

There are still a few spaces in those charts they need to fill with more blue and red.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 2 months later...