IGNORED

HQ Player

Is there an HQPlayer 4 Desktop User Manual and, if so, how can one download it?

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

3 hours ago, Miska said:

It is included in all installation packages. On Windows and Linux you can find it from the Start-menu in same place where the HQPlayer application shortcut is. On macOS it is straight in the DMG together with the HQPlayer & Client application itself.

Thank you, Jussi.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 4 months later...

Since recently updating HQP from 3.24 to 3.25, upsampling from 16/44 to DSD512 seems to take noticeably longer before playback starts. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

18 hours ago, Allan F said:

Since recently updating HQP from 3.24 to 3.25, upsampling from 16/44 to DSD512 seems to take noticeably longer before playback starts. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

That should have read from 3.25.4 to 3.25.5. Just updated to 3.25.6 but symptom remains the same.

• 5 months later...
On 7/15/2016 at 11:48 AM, Jud said:

The Ayre's filtering is quite public (subject of a white paper), and there's no particular reason it should be incompatible with HQP. Its filtering does sound quite good (to my ears, anyway) and it wouldn't surprise me if at least some people prefer its sound to that of various HQP filters.

It would surprise me if, among all the options that Jussi offers, someone couldn't find an HQP filter that sounded better than Ayre's filtering, especially in view of the low regard that Charles Hansen had for DSD.

1 hour ago, Allan F said:

It would surprise me if, among all the options that Jussi offers, someone couldn't find an HQP filter that sounded better than Ayre's filtering, especially in view of the low regard that Charles Hansen had for DSD.

Oops. Mea culpa. I didn't look at the date of the post to which I replied as above. I doubt that anything regarding the state of digital filters four years ago would have much, if any, relevance today. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, e.Latte said:

I am somewhat familiar with computers, but I have been out of the loop for quite sometime. If I wanted to build one specifically for audio using HQ Player what do you guys recommend? I don't know if this is the correct thread for this question but any advice would be appreciated. The last computer I remember building was to play GTA Vice City 😅. That tells you how long ago this was.

I would suggest that you do a Search (top right of web page) on "build server HQPlayer". The result will point you to several relevant threads.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Miska said:

I don't have Microsoft Office (I deeply hate it). But I have LibreOffice, Apple tools (Numbers/Pages/Keynote) and Google tools (Docs/Sheets/etc).

There is also WPS Office from Kingsoft, which is free and compatible with Microsoft Office.

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

4” is about 10cm long not sure if you can find shorter cable than that 

19 minutes ago, bogi said:

Sorry I'm not familiar with those imperial units. I thought it is in foot and it is in inches. :D I need to learn how to distinguish those.

For those unfamiliar with metric units, 1 inch = 2.54 cm, 1 foot = 30.48cm, and 1 metre = 39.37in.

Can one upgrade directly to V5 from V3 without library or other issues? If so, does the discount apply to V3 users who do so?

3 hours ago, Miska said:

It likely works, but it has not been tested. The migration code is still there from early v4 days, I have not removed it.

Do you have any plans to test it?

Where is the migration code to be found?