IGNORED

HQ Player

1 minute ago, Miska said:

I don't know what that is. I can only see some marketing babble by searching it up. And "register interest" which means Tidal responding "we are not interested in HQPlayer".

In general with Tidal Connect you can use Tidal app as a simple library catalog and send audio stream directly to a device, bypassing software decode from the app.

I believe that Spotify has made available something similar too - Spotify Connect.

I hope things open up with Tidal...Qobuz would be even better.

2 hours ago, Khordo said:

Hi Miska !

I just see the coupon Information for Black Friday :

"Black Friday has started! With coupon code "black20" 10% discount on new HQPlayer licenses (all versions). There is also additional 5% (total 25%) discount on upgrade coupon codes through the weekend.
If you missed Black Friday, you have a second chance on Cyber Monday with coupon code "cyber20". Campaigns generally run from midnight to midnight UTC time."

I'm not sure to understand : black20 gives 10%, OK, but then when you are talking about additional 5% why total is 25% ??? How is it possible ?

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Me too. How do I get 25% off for for an upgrade?

I was initially confused like both of you.

I think he means that, given that you get 20% coupon discount if you upgrade from v3 to v4, during Black Friday WE you will get an extra 5% discount for a total of 25%. :)  

27 minutes ago, firedog said:

Ok. but I'm still confused. I go to the site and ask for an upgrade discount. The code I get will give me the max possible discount?

I want to know before I order,, b/c once you  order you can't correct a mistake in the price.

Hopefully @Miska will confirm either way, however, I suppose that only during this WE, if you insert the upgrade discount coupon, it will give you 25% discount. If you don't see it confirmed in the change of price, you don't go through with the order.

...unless you can insert more than one coupon. Then, you also insert "black20". 

I am sure that you can manage with one of the two options! :D

3 hours ago, SwissBear said:

Whaoo Jussi ! Congratulations ! The Mac Mini M1 is able to upsample DSD 128 to DSD 256 with ASDM7EC and apply convolution.

And switching from one song to the other is so quick and smooth :-) :-)

I can't believe it !

Sincere gratitude for making this happen so quickly.

1765073559_ScreenShot2020-12-08at11_11_41PM.png.9a0dd3c6feab1d369545e0948d031000.png

I suppose you are talking about the new amd64 macOS version, aren't you?!

9 minutes ago, giordy60 said:

Hi Stefano 

I never asked myself the problem ....

because transcode wav all the flac files (I suppose) before sending them to HQP?

thanks 

Stefano has files in ALAC format and HQP does not read them, so he lets MinimServer transcode them to WAV.

However, that it's not the problem. The problem is that MinimServer does not fulfill HQP's requirements in time to make gapless playback as upsampling rate increases (beyond PCM4x).

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Have you tried same case without a NAA?

@Miska  I suppose that your look ahead request to MinimServer gets anticipated as the upsampling rate increases.

It seems that MinimServer cannot comply with that request in time for a successful gapless playback as the rate increases. 

Would that be possible for you to anticipate that request (perhaps for MinumServer only) just enough to execute the gapless operation? On the other hand, possibly Simon Nash of MinimServer can facilitate this operation on his side.

I think the two of you have good chances to solve this problem together.  

On 12/17/2020 at 10:31 PM, stefano_mbp said:

The results of some tests:

- not using NAA (ie using ALSA Backend)

— flac 16/44.1 delivered as is by Minimserver (without transcoding to wave)

hqplayerd upsampling to

PCM 88.2 gapless ok

PCM 176.4 gapless fails 1 on 2 attempts

PCM 352.8 gapless fails

DSD x1 gapless ok

DSD x2 gapless ok

DSD x4 gapless ok

— alac 16/44.1 transcoded to wave 16/44.1 by Minimserver 

hqplayerd upsampling to

PCM up to 352.8 gapless ok

DSD up to x4 gapless ok

- using NAA (raspberry pi4 4GB/RoPieee XL)

— Alac/flac 16/44.1 transcoded to wave 16/44.1 by Minimserver 

hqplayerd upsampling to

PCM 176.4 and less gapless ok

PCM 352.8 gapless fails

DSD x1/x2/x4 gapless fails

- hqplayerd settings (with/without NAA)

PCM 1x/Nx poly-sinc-ext2

DSD 1x/Nx poly-sinc-ext2 Modulator ADSM7

@MiskaWhat is the final word on Stefano's report?

It seems to me that there are some odd results with gapless fails with/out NAA.

What's next step?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@MiskaI need some assistance for a friend of mine...

He uses HQPlayer in Windows and recently I updated the driver with the new version of the Merging driver (he has a Nadac).
For compatibility reasons he tried to put the old driver back, at that point HQPlayer stopped starting. That is, if it's launched HQPlayer gave no sign of life, as if it was not launched at all.
This happened with version 4.5.1 as well as the latest 4.9.2.
No trace in Task Manager, HQPlayer does not start.
Another Asio music player continues to work regularly, but HQPlayer does not.
Do you have any suggestions? Some missing library?