IGNORED

HQ Player

First post!

Ok so the ryzen 3rd Gen was announced 5 hours ago with its specs:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14407/amd-ryzen-3000-announced-five-cpus-12-cores-for-499-up-to-46-ghz-pcie-40-coming-77

will be released July 7

now question is which cpu could hqp fully utilized? i have hold on buying an i9 9900k waiting for this, also ryzen 3800x 8Cores 65W TDP or 3900x 12Cores 105TDP. Thoughts guys?

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI AMD announced the 16C 32T next gen Ryzen on E3 with 3950x to be release september all others july

official list now are:

AMD 'Matisse' Ryzen 3000 Series CPUs
AnandTech Cores
Threads
Base
Freq
Boost
Freq
L2
Cache
L3
Cache
PCIe
DDR4 TDP Price
(SEP)
Ryzen 9 3950X 16C 32T 3.5 4.7 8 MB 64 MB 16+4+4 ? 105W $749
Ryzen 9 3900X 12C 24T 3.8 4.6 6 MB 64 MB 16+4+4 ? 105W $499
Ryzen 7 3800X 8C 16T 3.9 4.5 4 MB 32 MB 16+4+4 ? 105W $399
Ryzen 7 3700X 8C 16T 3.6 4.4 4 MB 32 MB 16+4+4 ? 65W $329
Ryzen 5 3600X 6C 12T 3.8 4.4 3 MB 32 MB 16+4+4 ? 95W $249
Ryzen 5 3600 6C 12T 3.6 4.2 3 MB 32 MB 16+4+4 ? 65W $199

Im all set with 3900x, but then the 3950x announced, will HQP benefit with the extra 4 cores?

• 4 months later...

Recently I was not able to play tidal tracks in HQP(using mconnect lite), getting this error:

(process:2235): RygelRenderer-WARNING **: 14:18:50.288: Failed to access resource at http://192.168.1.104:12529/tidal/121210884.flac: Connection terminated unexpectedly

Using HQP embedded trial, anyone had similar issues? TIA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Miska I am also trying PCM 1.536, but it wont play well, having sluggish distorted sound same as @bobflood. Is there any setting I need to trigger? Using embedded hqp(Trial) on a Spring 2. Or do you think its a hardware issue? Im using an HP prodesk 600 g2 Intel I5 8gb memory. It could play all filters at 256DSD except non2s. For PCM 768 plays fine on all filters except poly-sinc-long-lp it just crashes after a while and i need to restart the machine, weird because I could use this fine on DSD 256 after a few minutes of wait.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Have you tried with my HQPlayer OS or are you on something else?

If you try to go from 44.1k base to higher 48k base with poly-sinc-long you are up for a very long wait (can be hours). While going from 48k base to 44.1k base is usually fine with not as long wait. So I'm a bit reluctant to disable support for non-integer ratios in general. I have not seen crashes, but I've seen for example four hour wait times. In fact it would be interesting to compare initialization times of poly-sinc-long between Intel and AMD CPUs. In similar cases in the past, AMD CPUs have been notably faster.

Thanks lemme try your OS, currently it is setup in Ubuntu. Yeah for long-lp, I think I did not wait long enough I just though it crashed because there is no response for some time, did not know it could take hours.

• 2 weeks later...

@Miska I am trying HQPlayer OS currently, I am using HQP Embedded on ubuntu currently. Is there a way I could install it directly on the internal hard disk and boot from there, instead of from the USB?. Will I be able to upsample to 1.536 pcm if I use your OS? right now with ubuntu/embedded I was not able to play properly the sound is sluggish and distorted any ideas also why it is behaving that way?

15 hours ago, Miska said:

You need a custom kernel to make those rates work. You can install my Ubuntu kernel package there to achieve such functionality. You can find the kernel packages in the same place where for example libgmpris is too.

Hi @Miska, can you please point me to the right directory and file of the kernel package? :) I am thinking it is in this directory(for ubuntu) https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/bionic/. Do i need to install both the image and the header. Sorry for the many questions. I really want to make this work

1 hour ago, Miska said:

That's the place, 5.4.22 is the latest version at the moment. I would recommend to install both at the same time through "sudo dpkg -i file1 file2", strictly speaking the header package is only needed if there are external kernel modules to be built, but it is good to have just in case. Since the kernel version is higher than the one shipped by Ubuntu, it should become automatically the default one at boot (in case of problems you can select other ones from the grub bootloader menu).

It workssss, Thanks @Miska, currently playing sinc-M - LNS15 :) sounds great!hqp.thumb.jpeg.3d46d631f2649a5a6d4f668ae9e9361b.jpeg

Current hardware can only play up to dsd 256. I swear once I have build my new pc, I will rush at your store and purchase the license.

Thanks for the awesome support as always

• 2 months later...

Got issues playing Tidal tracks on the last two version of HQP Embedded, it stutters(not the stutter you get when using heavy filters, this one the machine hangs for quite a bit then continue playing) randomly now w/c works fine before, does not happen on local hi res files. Any ideas? please advise. Any logs I could view for sending?

2 minutes ago, luisma said:

stupid question but are you using Wifi by any chance to stream?

Yup using wifi, I am also thinking that as the culprit, but I am not having this issue previously since I upgrade to a version with the adaptive volume. Maybe I'll try downgrading is it as simple as upgrading? I'll just install a previous package file and it will overwrite everything?

3 minutes ago, luisma said:

Well it all depends on the quality of it, just remember if you are at home that with COVID more people are using the Internet, less oversubscribed bandwidth available for you, more people using wireless around you that means extra framing on the air, more work for the access points etc. I use wireless myself that's why I made the stupid question. Most likely that would be your issue, IME newer versions if anything do better processing. You mentioned "package" you using HQPOS, Ubuntu, Debian or other Linux flavors?

Thanks for the advise, I am running Ubuntu. Tomorrow morning i'll be hooking it up directly on the router. Only gripe is the router is on another room and is faraway. I already have the long lan cable(probably 30M, It will go through the walls and to the ceiling to the audio setup). Just being lazy setting it up :P. I'll hook it up directly just to test.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...