IGNORED

HQ Player

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What's new in 4.10?

QPlayer 4 Desktop 4.10.0 released!

Add support for reading RoomEqWizard filter export text files to matrix. Add browse button for selecting WAV and txt files for matrix. Fix IIR upsampling filter initialization. Fix graph plotting when matrix is not enabled. Component updates.

CJH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thought I'd try 4.14. Sounds better than 4.13.1, but new dropouts appeared on my W10 10850k machine. No problems with 24/96 to DSD256 GaussXL ASDM7 on 4.13.1 with 43% load, but now same has dropouts and 48/49% load with 4.14. Also, I use a Chrome Book for Client in the listening room which was fine with 4.13.1, now I uninstalled and loaded 4.14 and Client will not even open on that machine, so I also lost control. Where are you guys getting 4.14_2 and 4.14_3?

Guess I may need to go back to less good sounding 4.13. Since it has been uninstalled on both machines, where can I redownload 4.13.1?

CJH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on High Performance. Switching from v4.14-3 to v4.15-2 and back within a minute, without anything running inbetween, leads always to the pictures I posted above. One type of core allocation for v4.14-3 and the other type v4.15-2. This different behavior of two HQPlayer versions is perfectly reproducible. Therefore I believe you use some other setting in v4.15-2 than previously in v4.14-3.

I agree with "bogi". With 4.14-3 I could play 512 ASDM7EC-V2 with no dropouts (10850K). Now with 4.15 I am back to having dropouts similar to 4.14-2. 4.14-3 had much better distribution throughout the cores. This is a bummer as 512 sounded awesome. Guess if I want Qobuz to play direct with HQPlayer, I'm back to 256.

CJH

Idea of Client is that it doesn't need to be on the same machine. It is remote control application.

Client is relatively light application, only heavier part is it's graphics rendering engine that uses GPU quite a bit to deal with graphics.

Jussi:

Guess I wasn't clear with my question. Which is the better place to load the Qobuz app--on my music server desktop or on my client laptop?

CJH

• 1 month later...

Problem with 4.16. Updated from 4.154 to 4.16 on server with no problems. Trying to update client laptop from a working 4.154 to 4.16. Uninstalled 4.154 and installed 4.16 but it wouldn't open. Thought I would try again with a fresh download. Uninstalling HQP went OK, but when I checked the actual files, they are still there. Tried to delete but windows says HQP still open in another program and won't delete . I'm stumped!

CJH

• 3 months later...

Been using HQPlayer for a couple years now and enjoy the improvements with each update. With 4.19 I was able to do PCM (44 & 96) to DSD 512 with asdm7ec2, Gaussxla for superb sound for a couple days with no drop outs (10850k with no GPU with RAM OC to 3600, win10, USB connected to DAC)--but they slowly started to creep in. Then I couldn't do gauss long without sporadic dropouts and finally had to do just gauss for no dropouts. I tried OC of all cores at 50 Mhz which was less dropouts but the temps at CPU started going over 90 so I didn't like it. I remembered Jussi mentioning the newest CPUs have more cache for improved performance with HQP. Well the 10820K has 20mb--pretty good and wondered if clearing the cache in W10 DISK Cleanup might help. This is a dedicated machine with minimal internet searching so the cleanup was only 2.5mb of software downloads and 26mb of thumbnails. Well I'll be damned--it worked, back to 512, asdm7ec2, gauss xla with no dropouts. Hopefully this information can be used by Jussi to help us keep cache clear so it can be maximized by our music servers for best performance. Anyone else give this a try?

Chris H.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, SunYang said:

In my new music dedicated PC:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X + ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420

ASUS ProArt X670E-CREATOR WIFI + Corsair HX1500i

MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Ti GAMING TRIO 24G

G.SKILL 32GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Trident Z5 NEO AMD EXPO

Seagate Firecuda 530 500GB M.2 SSD for OS and HQP

Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB for music files

Dual boot:      Windows 11 (NVIDIA drivers 520)

Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop (NVIDIA drivers 520, original kernel)
              Miska's custom kernel 5.15.71-jl+_5.15.71-jl+-10_amd64 collided with GPU drivers

HQPlayer 4 Desktop 4.19.3 and now new 4.20

Output: 4 channels DSD 512 (44.1), ASDM7ECv2 and my preferable AMSDM7EC 512+fs

Poly-sinc- gauss-long / Poly-sinc- gauss-hires-lp

Multicore DSP: grey   /  CUDA offload: x

From PCM sources all is smooth. From DSD256 sources on Windows ok, but on Ubuntu heavy scattered.

(Windows also scatters if Multicore DSP is x) 

Can anybody help?

SunYang--what DAC are you using? I am not aware of any DAC that will output 4 channels of DSD512.

CJH

Been using HQPlayer on Windows 10Pro machine for a while. Updated to Windows 11 using 4.13 and works great. Checked out 4.20 and it's a no go for me. Works from the start but when I click on another song there's a major POP in the speakers, my amp protection kicks-in with a shut-down and HQPlayer closes down on its own. Tried both just using the just from the player and also using Client with same result. Fearing for my speakers and amp. I reloaded 4.13 and all is well. Gave it a few days before I tried again and noticed 4.20.1, so I gave it a try with same result. I now see a 4.20.2. Does this include a fix for the problem?

CJH

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

Nkam 

I would recommend putting either the R26 or the A26 on yr shopping list if u are using say Topping D90 series

of course YMMV

Have you been able to play 512DSD via HQPlayer on A26 with the LAN connection?

cjh

Currently using HQP to play PCM 44-176 along with 12 PEQs per channel at 512DSD with ASDM7ECv2 machine successfully on a W11 10850K with no additional graphics card. I am considering going full DRC Accurate Sound (like Chris) instead of PEQs. Anyone have an idea if this uses a lot more CPU and may force me down to 256DSD?

CJH